Is the 1:350 Minicraft Titanic model still available? Roy Mengot used it and recommended it to build the Titanic wreck

Ken Ziemski

Jul 2, 2020
New Jersey, USA
Hello Cam, yes the Minicraft 1:350 plastic model is still available. I purchased one just recently. I too,considered making a model of the sunken wreck. I would look into a 'paper' or 'paperboard' version for this purpose. I should think wetting the paper, or not, would allow you to bend the decks, tear the hull plates, etc. and shape the model how you wish. Look online for these paper models they are readily available. I don't think you want to spend that much more money on a plastic model. As far as the finer details ( rusticles, etc.,), you're going to have to invest some time on researching modeling, if you're already not familiar. Good luck! Maybe I 'll post pics of my project when completed. Cheers all!

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Thanks Ken. I wish you good luck too! When you say paper/paperboard, you mean to add this paper and wet it, then add it in to recreate the bent and buckled decks? Also where did you purchase your model?

Ken Ziemski

Jul 2, 2020
New Jersey, USA
Hello again Cam, I kept an eye on e-bay for my mini craft to get the best deal. Here is a link to a paper model, but there are others. Detailing involves a fair amount of modeling skills, ie: flocking, scenic effects,etc. Oops ,sorry, the link won't paste... look up thriftbooks.com or others.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hello again Cam, I kept an eye on e-bay for my mini craft to get the best deal. Here is a link to a paper model, but there are others. Detailing involves a fair amount of modeling skills, ie: flocking, scenic effects,etc. Oops ,sorry, the link won't paste... look up thriftbooks.com or others.
Thanks again. Love the wrecking joke!

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hello Cam, yes the Minicraft 1:350 plastic model is still available. I purchased one just recently. I too,considered making a model of the sunken wreck. I would look into a 'paper' or 'paperboard' version for this purpose. I should think wetting the paper, or not, would allow you to bend the decks, tear the hull plates, etc. and shape the model how you wish. Look online for these paper models they are readily available. I don't think you want to spend that much more money on a plastic model. As far as the finer details ( rusticles, etc.,), you're going to have to invest some time on researching modeling, if you're already not familiar. Good luck! Maybe I 'll post pics of my project when completed. Cheers all!
Ken! Titanic Honor and Glory have it for purchase on their website for $99.99!