Is the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum the only place that sells Titanic photos off the negatives

Feb 14, 2011
It seems most of the Titanic pictures I have are prints, and not very sharp- One chum has some framed Titanic photos, in sepia brown, that are of stunning clarity. I want what he has! Of the Titanic photos one might buy from the Ulster Transport and Folk museum- are they off the negative, on photo paper, or paper prints?

Two photos I hope to find are the 'coming and going ' starboard view angles of Titanic (in the preface of the illustrated edition of a Night to remeber)- Where can I find these two images in the sharpest of quality, on photo paper, sutable for framing?
Are these in the Ulster Transport and Folk museum collection?
Thanks

Tarn Stephanos

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Tarn, the 'coming and going' photos belong to Beken of Cowes, the famous marine photographers, and top quality copies are available from them.

http://www.beken.co.uk/

I should warn you that Beken caters to millionaire yachtsmen and photos are priced accordingly.

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Beken caters to millionaire yachtsmen and photos are priced accordingly.
Well, that leaves me "stranded at dockside".
cry.gif

Guess I'll have to borrow "Colonel Peuchen's yacht", the next time I visit Toronto (providing he's not busy navigating the local Islands).
lol.gif

Feb 14, 2011
What is a ballpark figure on the cost for those Titanic photos? I din't see a price guide on thier website..
Thanks

tarn Stephanos

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi John,

Guess I'll have to borrow "Colonel Peuchen's yacht", the next time I visit Toronto (providing he's not busy navigating the local Islands).

The yacht will probably be at the RCYC then, but you can always take the ferry across and join me for lunch.
wink.gif
happy.gif

Hi Tarn,

I'm not sure what the approximate penalty figure is, but a couple of years ago when I was in NYC last, I purchased a photo of Titanic sailing down the Solent from the original negative; which cost me $100 US. But it will most likely be higher though, since Beken is in the UK and their prices may be a lot more.