Isidor Straus watch

JTDillon

JTDillon

Hello everyone, I hope youre all doing well.

I remember watching a documentary a while back and they showed a pocket watch retrieved from Isidor Straus' room.
I remember them saying they used the time the watch stopped to know when water filled his room. However, I am having a hard time finding what time his watch stopped at.
Anyone have any ideas?

I think I also remember them saying they were looking at the times on the clocks that were in staterooms fixed on top of mantles... Also there was a man getting on one of the collapsible lifeboats as the bridge went underwater, and they used that time to determine when the water line went above the bridge. Anyone know if they recovered any times and what they were?

I feel stupid for asking, but they used mechanical watches at the time, and would coming into contact with water instantly stop a mechanical watch?

JTDillon

JTDillon

Hmm, I guess we cant edit posts here?
Anyway, I need to correct a sentence from my post...what I meant to say was: Also there was a man getting on one of the collapsible lifeboats as the bridge went underwater, and his pocket watch got wet and stopped, they used that time to determine when the water line went above the bridge.