It was 5 years ago today

Mar 28, 2002
19th December 1997 was the day that many of us had been waiting for a long long time. James Cameron's Titanic was finally shown in US cinemas, the highest grossing film ever made.

I'd buy that bloke a pint!

Cheers,

Boz

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
Maybe he's the one who should be buying us a pint. Just about all of us have paid money to see his movie, often more than once, and we haven't stopped talking about it ever since!

Mar 3, 1998
You're not going to see one for a while. But when you eventually see the re-release, you'll forget about the wait. I have learned from working with the man that Cameron is always thinking of going far beyond what everyone expects. My observation is that he NEVER likes to do the same thing twice. And, if I may speculate, GotA will not be his last Titanic project.

Parks

K

Kelly Beth Vogelsong

Thank goodness I never wasted my money going to see or buying that movie. Only my time.

J

Jack Coburn

If i had seen this thread three days earlier i would have mentioned that it was 6 years since the movie first came out but since i missed it i'll announce today that it is 6 years and three days since camerons movie first came out.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The 'adjusted gross' figures, which take price inflation into account, might give a different result. On that basis Gone with the Wind for instance has taken the equivalent of 1.2 billion dollars in the US alone.

Jun 8, 2003
Yeah Return of The King is now, which isn't suprising. Still, its amazing to think how many titanic film fanatics (like me) are still out there you'd be suprised!!