It's been 12 years

T

Trent Pheifer

Well yesterday it was 12 years since Ruth Becker passed away. She was a great lady and is missed. I have been working on her memorial site, but have hit a block in information and pictures. I have tried to contact some of those who knew her best, but have had very little luck, Eric Sauder has been extremely helpful. I was wondering if anyone knew how to contact those who knew her best? I was wondering about copyrights on some pictures of Ruth that could be put on the site. The site is : Ruth Becker Blanchard Memorial site I hope you get a chance to check it out and can give me tips on how to improve it. I do have some good news though, Mary Ann Whitley has put me in touch with a minister in Cleveland who is at the church where Ruth attended, and Ruths father was a minister at. He has done some research on the family and I hope to soon get to meet him. I will update you all with what Ilearn. Thanks for any help you can give me. Ruth was great and is missed.

-Trent

May 8, 2001
Trent. As a "California Link" I am always happy to see a memorial to one of "my own". I have one question in her story line on your web site.
You wrote in part.............. "Only after her retirement in 1971, and her move to Santa Monica, California, did she start speaking about it....." (I knew she moved to Santa Barbara, but did she make a stop in Santa Monica as well?? Possible, as several survivors settled down in that beautiful area.) Keep up the good work, and let ~ME~ know if I can be of any assistance to you out here in California! (Of Course you are already in contact with Eric Sauder... Like I would possess some knowledge he doesn't have...)(laughs as she walks off the stage!)
Colleen

T

Trent Pheifer

Thank you Colleen,
I must have type Santa Monica, but ment to type Santa Barbra, thank you so much for catching that! I am interested in ANY info you have on Ruth, I can't find much info on her here in Ohio. I might give you an email here soon. Thank again for catching the mistake!

-Trent

May 8, 2001
You are welcome Trent. Though I had really hoped that I had caught a newly discovered place of residence for her that I could investigate.

Sure, email me any time you'd like! I wish I had more information for you, but being a newbie myself all I can seem to do is hit around the edges, and find relatives and mere possibilities. Though the thrill of the blind chase is pretty addictive! I admit that I seem to rely on poor Eric (and a few others) to unravel the pile of confusion I make for myself. Usually they come back and say, "Oh yes, that was in a 198? THS or BTS magazine, or so-n-so's book that has been out of print for 20 years now." :)

Colleen
ps. HEY, POST 777. ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!