James Moody's family

• Thread starter Magda Natalia Piotrowska
  • Start date

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo Alyson -

His older brother John did look somewhat like him, but was perhaps a bit more solidly built. Christopher was smaller and seems darker in the photos. There wasn't a striking resemblance with Margaret.

A

Anna Mcpherson

Hallo. Would any one have any photos of James Moody's Bothers & sister & parents?
Also would there be modern ancestors of James Moody having the Moody last name?
Thank you,take care.

E

Ella Jones

I am doing research on any available information on Moody,while this site as a-lot of Moody information (more so than other forums)there is still some information I can not get my hands on.

Here are the questions I would like the answers too, If you may please-

1# Was James moody an uncle at the time of the disaster (just a yes or no answer would do for me)

2# What was the ages of his Brothers & Sister at the time of Moody's death,I want to know the age difference.

Thank you for any help and information relating to this thread.

[Moderator's note: This message, originally a separate thread, has been moved to this pre-existing thread (where, as it turns out, the most recent message was posted from the same IP as this one) discussing the subject of Moody's family. MAB]

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
"Ella"---

Someone else (?) from Melbourne asked question #1 a while back (look here) and someone else (for certain) asked the functional equivalent of question #2 earlier in this thread.

E

Ella Jones

Yes Thanks ,I have just checked,one of Inger's posts did mention that his siblings did have children,I have must have by passed that post of Inger's.
Mark,would you know the ages of Moody's siblings when he perished?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Ellannyson, I'm not sure that Moody did perish. There's a rumour that he survived, adopted a common alias such as Smith or Jones, and ended up in Melbourne. Where to this day his descendants remain unsure of quite who they are.

Dec 5, 2008
Quick question, Bob, and highly off-topic. Feel free to delete at any discretion!
happy.gif

Is there anyway for forum administrators to block specific IP address to stop pesky, reoccurring Trolls from creating multiple accounts?

Just wondering utterly randomly!

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
MAB and I are indeed the same person.

Bob, that's the same thing I told my mortgage company last week. The bills will start coming your way shortly; please make sure the payments are kept current.

;-)

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Is there anyway for forum administrators to block specific IP address ...

There is, Kat, but we don't use it because it could also affect other, innocent users of the ISP that owns the IP. We once inadvertently blocked a large group of AOL users that way.

Dec 5, 2008
Oh, well that's a shame. Wouldn't want to block a large number of innocents for the small, trolling few.

Thanks for the info, though!
happy.gif

Jan 29, 2001
So Mark and Bob, if by chance, while out strolling, you should pass each other, unbeknowst, on a streetside, each turnback and exclaim..."Hey you look exactly like me". That merits need for great concern...;-)

Michael Cundiff
NV. USA

Jan 28, 2003
Michael,
Bob does not stroll. He pounds purposefully, usually with a definite aim in mind, and sometimes with me trailing feebly in the rearguard.

And if you can get the mortgage payments out of him, Mark, then I have higher hopes of getting a drink out of him.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
There are two ways of accumulating capital, Mon. You can maximise input, or you can minimise output. As you know, I've always favoured Plan B. But you also know full well that I have been known (albeit occasionally) to put my hand in my pocket and buy a round. There was that occasion in 1997, for instance. Or was it 1976? You don't have to take my word for it, it was in all the papers.

Jan 28, 2003
Well, I certainly don't remember 1997, and I'm sure the papers were publishing other more interesting stuff. Like celebs.
1976 was a quite different time. If I'd invested then, I'd be rich now. ******!

J Burdette

Dec 30, 2011
Perhaps due to my own oversight, I am unable to find anything here on the forums regarding a question I have.

I am doing some research on Moody's ancestry. I've run across the 1911 Census that includes what I think is the 6th Officer's father, John Henry Moody. I know that Moody;s mother, Evelyn Lammin died in 1898. What I don't know is if John Henry remarried. In the 1911 Census a John Henry Moody is married to an Annie. Thier children are listed as: Antony, John Paul, Henry Hugh, Roger. Do I have the right John Henry Moody?