JC a copy Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin Smith

Mar 15, 2005
okay, Titanic is a great movie but yesterday i started to read the book "Titanic-the long night" and noticed how simular the people from the book at to JC characters. for example elizabeth farr is a first class girl who is angry with her parents because she doesn't want to marry a man her parents are going to force her to. on the ship she meets Max Whittaker (sounds close to dewitt bukater) a man who has been i paris study in art (aka looks like jack.) Elizabeth wants to break the rules of society marry who she wants and to follow her dreams (sound a lot like rose huh?) oh yeah, and kathleen who is in the book is described as "pretty with wild red curly hair."

I haven't finished reading it yet, but it sounds like JC kinda copied things about the people from this book. from what it says on my copy, it was published before the movie.

Jun 20, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I have the same book and it was published in March 1998 after the movie was released. Also James finalized the movie script in 1996 so I doubt he copied it when Titanic-The Long Night wasn't published yet. I agree the book does have a few similarities, though.

I think Jim did get "inspiration" from other sources though!
wink.gif

Thomas Kelly

Jun 19, 2004
"I think Jim did get "inspiration" from other sources though!"

Yeah, like Broken Arrow! Only he didn't have them take out the bad guys in his one. He felt it was more sporting to let the ship do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.