Jessie Laird Trout

Dec 2, 2012
Jessie was the Great Grandmother of my Son in Law.  She was killed in a car accident.  When she was on the Titanic, she was returning from England after the mourning trip for her husband, who had died tragically

Wendy Hughes

Apr 19, 2015
Trout was her married name. She was born Jessie Laird Bruce in Aberndeenshire, Scotland. She was my great, great Aunt and from the lineage of Robert the Bruce.

Nov 22, 2015
Jessie Laird Bruce, Trout, Bortner was my grandmother. Harvey Walter Bortner was my grandfather. My mother, Frances Isobel was their youngest daughter. Mary Elizabeth, my aunt "Betty" and a son, the oldest, Bruce. I, of course did not know her, though I'd have many questions of her had I. I'm a grandmother now and would like my three grandchildren to know this story. Mrs. senkowskl of Byron Center, MI. Who is my 2nd cousin, has spoken at an exhibit in Grand Rapids, MI. Jessie was her great-great grandmother

Feb 12, 2018
Jessie was my great aunt. When she returned to Columbus, she returned to my Grandmother’s, her older sisiter, Georgina Bruce Findlay, home on North Princeton Ave. The Columbus Dispatch has a short interview with her printed soon after her return to Columbus about her time on the Titanic.