John Anderson

• Thread starter margaret grainger
  • Start date

M

margaret grainger

Can anyone help i recently came across an article from the south wales echo dated july 1st 1914 regarding a john anderson.apparently he was a titanic survivor who tried to take his own life.he was fished out of the west bute dock in cardiff and identified as john anderson a missing patient from the mental hospital at whitchurch which is still here today in cardiff. I have yet to find out anything about him but the paper stated he was a crew member?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
That name does not appear on the crew or passenger lists, Margaret. There was a seaman called James Anderson among the survivors, and some crew members are known to have signed on with false names, but over the years there have a great many people who travelled on the Titanic only in their imaginations, and bearing in mind that this man was mentally ill he is very likely to have been one of them.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Margaret, could you do us all a wee favour and please refrain from writing in ALL CAPS? Aside from it breaking the forum rules, it's considered shouting and decidedly rude. It's also hard on the eyes of some of us older folks. I know you didn't mean to SHOUT or be rude.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo Margaret -

I've moved this topic into a thread of its own. That will make it easier to locate for anyone who wants to add to the above comments.