John Hardy

Hi, my name is Kelly Hardy. John Hardy is my great-grandfather. John had two sons, Ronald and Peter...Ronald's two sons are Alan and Steve - I am Steve's daughter. I had the opportunity to meet my Great Uncle Peter for the first time about a week ago. We had a discussion about the Titanic, during which this website came up. I know very little about my father's side of the family and would love to hear anything about John and his family. I see some of my cousins have posted comments to this page already - this is so interesting! Thanks to all who have offered bits of info on my great Grandfather (eg. obituary, photo of his grave site). Uncle Peter said he thought that John took much of his Titanic memorabilia back to England with him when he last visited his daughter (Joan or Nora?) in 1952. Included were supposedly some photos from the rescue area about the Carpathia. Has anyone seen any of this? thanks! kelly

Hello everyone, my name is Steve Hardy. Kelly is my daughter. I too am a grandson of John Hardy. I recently met with My Uncle Peter Hardy who is John Hardy's son. He stated to me that john hardy died in the house I lived in as a child in Maplewood New Jersey. Unfortunately I was only six years old at the time of his death and have no recollection of him whatsoever. I f anyone has any more information about John Hardy it would be much appreciated. I can tell you he had two sons, Peter and my father Ronald, both of whom served in the US Navy. There was also a daughter Joan, who I vaguely remember.