John Henry Chapman

Francis

Jul 27, 2010
They were supposed to visit my Grand Parents Mr.Francis and Elizabeth Chapman of New Rochelle NY before traveling west. They had never met these cousins and were looking forward to the visit. They were sadly disappointed.

Jo (339)

Sep 5, 2010
I am so sorry for your family's loss. When I was in Quebec City I saw the Titanic exhibit there. My "boarding pass" (admission ticket) was Sarah Elizabeth Lawry, age 29, accompanied by John Henry Chapman (husband). All the tickets are replicas of the actual boarding passes with the names of real passengers, and at the end of the exhibit there is a big wall where you can check to see if your passengers survived. I was so sad to see their names on that wall as being lost in the tragedy. Since they were newlyweds I had hoped they had survived. What a terrible tragedy.Are there any pictures of John and Sarah? I would like to know what they looked like.

Terrykee

Apr 16, 2012
I acquired an antique bedroom suite and in the night stand were two books.  There are some notes written inside one of the books from a neice of John Henry and Sara Elizabeth Chapman indicating they were among the deceased passengers of Titanic.  The neice also listed a geneology of family.  It is very interesting and I would enjoy more information.  Especially photo's of John and Sara.  Terry

pgrafton

Apr 14, 2015
I recently went through the Titanic exhibit and received Mr. John Chapman ticket as part of the exhibit. There are SO MANY inconsistencies with his story I am beginning to believe it mostly made up and a farce. While he is a real person and his loss is regrettable, the organization making money on his name has not done him justice. First, this website alone lists him as a farmer, an English newspaper (uncredited) as a miner, and the ticket/card I received he is listed as a cemetery attendant.The card I received states he was supposedly traveling to Fitzburn, WI, a place that doesn't exist (maybe FITCHBURG, WI?). One of the news articles state he was traveling back to Spokane where "he would have resided there with his bride had they lived to reach Spokane". Another article states he was traveling back to Chicago. I found far to many inconsistencies with the story to have published as fact. How can newspaper articles come from "unknown" newspapers? The whole thing does not provide continuity or respect for Mr. Chapman or his memory.

Jan 19, 2020
i would love to get into contact with you. John and Sarah are piece of my history aswell and i would love to know more.
you can find me on facebook if you would like