Joseph Abraham Hyman

David (232)

Jul 18, 2010
What happened to Abraham Hyman is that he started a kosher food company JA HYMANS (TITANICS) LTD in Manchester which still exists today and is run by his family. He died in 1956. Please add. If you want to verify the facts, just check their website. His date of death I got from speaking to his son who is probably dead by now.

Richardcanin

Jan 11, 2012
My (late) first cousin, Alan Marcuson was married to Abraham Joseph Hyman's daughter, Lilian. who died  probably in the 1980's.Richard Canin     Solihull, West Midlands

Ellen (1198)

Apr 11, 2012
Lillian was my mother's first cousin.  Abe was going to Springfield Mass to see my grandfather Harry Hayman(Hyman.  He changed it on this side of the ocean).  I met Lilly when I was about 6.  She stayed with my parents some time in between when Abe died and Harry died 1955/1956.  Lilly gave me an English penny.  I was hooked.  I always dreamed of visiting.  I finally did in 1969.  Alan and Lilly took very good care of me when I stayed with them.  Alan called me cheeky.  I was 19.  I also stayed with Rae, Lilly's sister, in Scotland.  I have been in touch with Rae's son Michael.  I visit him when I go to Scotland.  I have also met Clarissa Hyman, another of Abe's grandchildren.

Feb 9, 2013
Hi Was Abraham related to a Joseph Hyman, a clothier in Manchester ?. I believe Joseph was born in 1820 in Plymouth, Devon. His son Samuel was married to a Sister of my Aunt.Regards

Jan 13, 2017
For anyone interested the business Abraham started in Manchester UK grew to three shops still owned by the family and used the name Titanics, trading on the interest in the tragedy. Unfortunately they went into recievership last year (2016).