Joseph Boxhall

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hi Inger,
You've brought up another good point. I've also come across interviews that say, " a steward said, ".... but there is no name attached.
That's hilarious that Lowe's teachers remember him, but don't say why. Again, it's those little details that make these people more real to us.

Hi Michael-
I should have wrote- amusing, not funny. I realize now it changed the context of my sentence. You are right though, not much has changed since then.
Very best
Mike

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I should have wrote- amusing, not funny.<<

I'll conceed the point.
wink.gif

>>You are right though, not much has changed since then.<<

Ain't that the awful bloody truth? If you have a chance, you might want to read Frump's "And The Sea Shall Free Them" which deals with the Marine Electric sinking. Some of the same old games were going on with that one too.

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
HI Michael,
I'll definitely have to track that book down.
Sounds like a good one. Thanks for mentioning it.
Mike

Loutino

Oct 21, 2015
Anyone know where Boxhall lived with his wife? Was it Hull or Sharrow maybe?

And my second question: was he Anglician or Christian?

Oct 16, 2016
Hello! Are you from Yorkshire? My English family lives there :) Inger, I thought he did not have children. Could you tell me about his family? Who are they?

Loutino

Oct 21, 2015
Regina, you ask me? :) Then well, I am not from England at all. I am from Poland (I have a dog from Yorkshire. Yorkshire Terrier, heh).
It's wonderfull that your family lives in Yorkshire. I love that part of England, to be honest, thanks to officer Boxhall and Moody ;) I would like to know what informations about Joseph G. Boxhall have Hull city but I don't have opportunity to go there. So I am looking for informations about this officer on ET. They're here people with so big knowledge, especially Inger, but sadly she's not responding

Oct 16, 2016
Oops, Ive just seen how old the thread is. My grandmother is Polish btw :) Yes, I started to love Yorkshire even more because of them :)

Loutino

Oct 21, 2015
Boxhalls' familly? Today lives descendants of Joseph sisters (he and his wife Marjory had no children). He had two sisters - older Violet and younger Mabel ("Mae"). And also one more sister, Enid Grace, but she died in infancy. Joeseph was son of Joseph Boxhall Sr. (15. 02. 1858 - 29. 05. 1928) and Miriam (Mary) Abigail Groves (1861 - 03. 1903). His father was a Captain from Wilson Line of Hull, his uncle was working in Trinity House and was Board of Trade official, and his grandfather was a sailor. Josephs' father remerried after Miriam died in 1903.

Your grandmother is Polish? Where's she live? Say hello to her from me :) Or say "Pozdrawiam", this is in Polish ;)

And yes, I mean Anglican or Catholic (sorry, my mistake).