Josephine Benton

Feb 21, 2003
Way back in August 22, 2000, the Weekly World News tabloid paper wrote of an alleged Titanic passenger, Josephine Benton. She was to have alleged to have floated around in the North Atlantic for 88 years in an life preserver. The writer of this story is a Tanya Broder.

I would like to know if whether or not there is any truth to this story, and if there really such a passenger aboard Titanic?

Thank you...

Tammy

P.S. Shall I tell you Tanya's whole entire story later on in this new thread?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Read all about it, complete with pics! (for amusement only, of course):

http://language.tom.com/whbm/titanic.html

We know it ain't true because:
1 - Josephine wasn't on the Titanic
2 - Life preservers with 'Titanic' written on them weren't on the Titanic
and crucially:
3 - Neither the life preserver nor Josephine have come up for sale on Ebay

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Let's remember also that the 'Weekly World News' is the journal that gave us other great headlines like:

TITANIC SURVIVOR FOUND ON ICEBERG!

and

TITANIC BABY FOUND ALIVE! Sailors find infant girl floating in old life preserver! She's dressed in 1912 clothes and crying for her mother!

And of course we owe the WWN a further debt of gratitude for revealing that the Titanic was captained by Eleanor Janine Smith.

Feb 21, 2003
Thank you, Bob for coming through for me. Some how I just knew that that article about this alleged Josephine Benton woman sounded just too preposterous and outlandish of a tale to be believed. It just didn't seem to ring true to me. But I thought that I just had to find out if it were true or false. Like they say--"you just can't believe everything you read nowadays", can we?
huh.gif
smile.gif

Tammy

Feb 21, 2003
"Scotland Road" does sound interesting enough, but I would have to see the whole entire play. Hey! I have a better idea!
smile.gif
Why don't you write that fanfic story, and then present it on my just mentioned below TFF site!?
eh.gif
!?!

Right now, I'm trying to get the 2nd part of my crossover TITANIC-Touched By An Angel story "Bon Voyage, Titanic!" going on my TITANIC Fan Fiction Yahoo! Group. In my story, Will Murdoch plays a starring role...as he will in BVT's 2nd chapter, w/out the angels present this time.
wink.gif

Tammy

TITANIC Fan Fiction
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/titanicfanfiction