Joshua Andersen was The names Josh Andersen and histories my game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2003
Hello, fellow history fans. My names Josh I am 17 and I hail from the land of corn. I live in Palmyra, Ne which is about 20 miles outside of Lincoln. I have been a Titanic buff since the age of 6 and history fan for about as long. I'm known as the history man at my school. I love history. I love just about all ships except the new cruise liners I consider them a shadow of there ancestors. Sure there bigger but where's the luxery? I have read about every Titanic seen all the films and have become quite an artist at drawing some of the great liners. But nothing compared to the great Ken Marschall I hold him in the deepest respect. I love all the old ships Aquitania especially. The Normandie comes in at a very close 2nd. I have built models of Titanic, the Queens, Mauritania. Including several naval ships. I also have a great selection of WW2 airplanes from all sides. My most notible is the Hindenburg. She cruises my ceiling everyday in endless luxery. My father was in the Navy during Vietnam serving aboard and ammunition ship and does he have lots of stories. My two grandfathers were both in the war one in the Navy the other in the Army. I am so glad to be a part of this forum now. It has really helped to let me talk to people like myself with a deep interest in marine history. I probably love it even more because I have seen the ocean only once for about ten minutes on the beach at Seattle and that was only on Puget Sound. I will hold discussion with anyone and always be polite and to the point on future questions or answers. Feel free to drop a message I'm on here about 3 times a day. Yours Sincerely, Joshua Andersen.

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
Welcome, Joshua. I know you'll like posting here quite a bit.

My Dad served in the Navy during WWII aboard the aircraft carrier, Ranger.

I became interested in Titanic at age six as well, when I first saw the 1953 movie, "Titanic", when it was shown on TV in 1964.

Feb 6, 2003
My dad was aboard the USS Virgo. I first got interested in all this when my mom rented Raise The Titanic and have always known that movie changed my life forever. I wonder how many other peoples interest started the same way.
Josh Andersen

Feb 6, 2003
My grandfather in the Navy was aboard a mine- sweeper guarding the Panama Canal for about the whole war. My other grandfather was the Commanding Officer of a Artillery Battalion during WW2 and Korea. He was also one of the head guys for running the Red Ball Express in Normandy during the WW2. They unfortunately are both dead. The one in the Navy died just this last summer. He is a hard miss. He had so many great stories.
Joshua Andersen

K

KB Vogelsong

Welcome aboard, Joshua.

You draw and build models of the Titanic? That's awesome!

Maybe you'll post some of you work sometime.

Take Care.

KB

Feb 6, 2003
Yes, I do. I have many drawings of Titanic along with many other liners. I would like to congratulate Greg Robertson on his master work. For pencil drawings they are absolutly fabulous. It takes a great artist to draw like that. My model of Titanic at 1/600th scale is my pride and joy. It took me about four months to put that Revell kit together. When I bought it I swore to make it look better then the one on the box and I think I may have succeded. I am also building a Mauritania. I lost about 1/4 of the parts so I have to re-order it. Thanks yall. Joshua Andersen

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Joshua,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

My grandfather also served in the Navy in WW2. All the best with your Mauritania model.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

K

KB Vogelsong

Joshua,

I thought I already posted this but, apparently, I didn't. I think I hit a wrong key.

Where do you get the models that you build?

KB

S

Susan Leighton

Joshua,
Welcome to the ET message board. You sound like a fine, well-educated young man. There a quite a few members here who are about your age and I'm sure ya'll have a lot in common. It is really nice to see teenagers interested in history.
Perhaps you could post some pictures of your models and your artwork here. I am sure we would all be interested in seeing your work. Once again, Welcome Aboard!!
Susan Y. Leighton

Feb 6, 2003
Thanks again all of you. I think I will be very happy here. There are very few people my age interested in history. It is hard to talk to people about history at my school because very few know about it. I am very glad to have found this place. With the concentration of history buffs here we could take over the world!! HAHAHA HA HA HA. Sorry couldn't control myself. But thanks again. For Vogelsong I get about all my models at Hobbytown but also get quite a few at www.GreatModels.com/ they have real great prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.