June 2005 Ghost of Titanic Arrives in New York

May 22, 2006
Did anyone see the Weekly world news article date June 20 that stated "Ghost of Titanic finally arrives in New York after 93 years." The article said that two dock workers saw the Titanic, transparent sail through the Verranzo narrows bridge and dock where it would have just 93 years late. The article went on to say that ghostly passengers proceeded to disembark and instead of hailing cabs or going to the subway the spirits flew away in all different directions taking their luggage with them. I forgot how the story ended. Maybee when I'm at the grocery store later I should just buy it as a funny souviner.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
LOL! I haven't seen it, but a story such as that from the WWN does not surprise me. They have published stories similar to that before, such as the article that dealt with the baby that was found in a life ring and crying for her mother eighty one years later, and if that's not enough, the one regarding the KKK, and that they were the cause of the disaster.

I just read these stories and laugh my head off.

Jul 11, 2001
Ooooo! don't forget the story they ran about the survivor found alive on an Iceberg! That story gets run by them about every ten years or so.

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Don't forget the one about the skeletons of the couple, still embracing each other.

The other two stories were mentioned in "Ghostbusters II" and the play "Scotland Road". The latter was inspired by a WWN story, the only good thing about WWN.

Now all we have to do is wait for the story about all of us being aliens. For me, if that story breaks, I can "depart in shame" and let my coworkers deal with my workload.
smile.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

PS: Once we have to "depart", we'll, of course, leave from our secret base: Code Name: CNTow Tor/Ont (our local contact has been making sure it is in "top operation").
wink.gif
grin.gif

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi John,

"Don't forget the one about the skeletons of the couple, still embracing each other."

That's right, we can't forget about that one as well.

"Once we have to "depart", we'll, of course, leave from our secret base: Code Name: CNTow Tor/Ont (our local contact has been making sure it is in "top operation")."

Yes, all systems are go!
wink.gif

Hi Kyrila,

"It never aged beyond infancy - must have been the icy cold water, eh?"

Yeah, it must have been. I knew it was good for something.
wink.gif

May 22, 2006
Actually the way i remember it was that there were two skeletons and then there were two gay skeletons and then just a skeleton off by itself.

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
Ha Ha! This is funny stuff. I also read in some crazy tabloid that a few crew members on a German freighter (note the nation) claimed that a ghostly Lusitania ran over them about ten years ago. I just sat there and wondered what narcotic these people were high on.

Cara Ginter

Aug 7, 2005
Haha! Have you seen the one claiming that people went back and time, prevented the disaster, and the Titanic no longer lies on the ocean floor? Apparently, the Titanic now never sank. ;)

Nov 26, 2005
My other half picked up a Weekly World News for me the other day and it says:

TITANIC SURVIVORS FOUND ON BOARD

Then it goes into how people had lived through the disaster in airpockets within the bow and when the bow crashed into the mud, it somehow created this under-mud cavern and it ripped part of the bow off underneath the mud creating an open entry and exit from the ship to this cavern. Where they proceeded to learn how to "fish" and survive for 90-something years. I think the funniest part of the article went something like this: "When we (the explorers) got under there and got into the cavern, they seemed very pleased to see us, but in the end wanted to remain in their watery depths to live the life that they had created by themselves."

The front page picture shows a woman and 2 or 3 others behind her with her face pressed up against a rusty, murky porthole.

Just thought I'd share.

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
>>Apparently, the Titanic now never sank. ;)<<

Cara, I guess Ballard and all the survivors were just dreaming then huh? ;).

Matt, now that's just weird. Somebody's imagination running wild again.

D

Donna Grizzle

I have to wonder what percentage of the world's population actually believes this stuff. I have to say I am a huge fan of the WWN. It's better for a good laugh than MAD magazine any day! This was a great story. I wish I had actually kept my copy of this paper. I remember snatching it up at the convenience store for it was front page news, naturally, and having a good laugh as I read it to my boyfriend over breakfast!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I have to wonder what percentage of the world's population actually believes this stuff.<<

You might be surprised. I was watching a news piece on tabloids a few years ago, and one woman justified believing every word...however outrageous...by saying "They couldn't print it if it wasn't true."

I had to scape my lower jaw off the floor with a spatula after that one!

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
And didn't the 90 year old baby suddenly begin aging rapidly and die soon after...

Adding more "realism" to the event, you know.

May 1, 2010
One of my favorite WWN stories was the time a mint-condition Boeing B-17 was found on the moon, just parked in the middle of a crater.
Not to mention "My America, by Ed Anger" spouting platitudes about those "bla bla limp-wristed-bedwetters get out of my bla bla country" etc.
I should act as if I don't know much about that rag. It would be more dignified.