June 2005 Ghost of Titanic Arrives in New York

Jul 12, 2003
Has there ever been a book or something assembled containing all the ludicrous if not entertaining stories about Titanic?

May 27, 2007
If there was I'd read it for kicks. Ghost Of Titanic arrives in New York. I remember that from Ghostbusters II. I love that line from the Film as the dock workers watch the passenger finally depart from the ship, one quips "Well better late then never."LOL
happy.gif

Mark Webster

Dec 24, 2005
I heard a ghost story, not sure how true it may be, that there was large passenger ship on route to new york on April 14th, 15th, years after Titanic.
All day the captain had been hearing voices in his head, warning him of disaster, and finnaly he went to bed leaving his officers in charge of bridge. He was woken by screaming later on and in terror ran out and commanded for no reason the ship be stopped. The ship was, and apparently came to rest directly in front of an ice berg. When they got back to New York it was discovered the iceberg's position was the same position as Titanic's.

slightly interesting, though not as fascinating as ghost busters Titanic arriving in dock 90 years late. The book I read it in failed to give any information on what ship it was, or dates, or names either, making me a bit skeptical.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
There are a number of such stories circulating about ghosts and the so-called "Paranormal." As far as I know, George Behe is the only one who penned a truly comprehensive work on the subject but it was on alleged examples of precognition. He knows quite a bit about the ghost stories as well, but I don't know if he's tried to put all of them in a book.

May 3, 2005
And there is a recent posting (same source of course... newspaper dated 1991) to the effect that Captain Smith was found alive "Wearing a freshly pressed uniform and smoking his pipe, believing that it was still 1912..Not having aged a bit after being adrift on a lifeboat for 79 years."

It also mentioned a "Miss Minnie Coutts" (who of course aged rapidly and died after being rescued.) The real MRS Minnie Coutts and two children were among the saved.

And I understand there are still people who refuse to believe that the world isn't flat and the moon landings were just a movie produced in a special effects stage in Hollywood.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
On the other hand, if used judiciously, there IS the occasional gem in WWN. For instance, they tracked down and interviewed at least three Lusitania survivors.... one of which can be seen here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=wO8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT22&lpg=PT22&dq=weekly+world+news+lusitania&source=bl&ots=UDBm5hEsTa&sig=Lv9JGG5nShGBGa7ukUF4opnrzUk &hl=en&ei=nhzgTMflH8P7lweb1Pz-Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBsQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

and, yes, the basic information is sound although it carries with it the caveats ANY interview with a 90 year old brings.

Likewise, they've done surprisingly good work ferreting out well hidden former Manson family members.

Yet...the motif, recurring since the 80s, of bizarre Titanic stories casts a pall over WWN's strengths.

May 3, 2005
And maybe those submarine shots of the Titanic were just dreamed up by Ballard and made in a Hollywood studio just like those fakes of those that they made of the moon landings ?

And maybe the secret of longevity for natives of Siberia and Alaska is being in the cold icy waters ?

And what would happen to all the old newspaper headlines about the Titanic sinking if someone went back in a time machine, preventing the collision and the sinking ? Would they suddenly disappear from the old papers and microfilms ?

And these things haven't happened since the time machine hasn't been invented yet. But what if it is invented in the future and they come back to what is now our present ?

Just a few thoughts upon which to ponder. Probably a bit off topic but surely it can't be much worse than the WWN . LOL.

Jan 29, 2001
*And maybe those submarine shots of the Titanic were just dreamed up by Ballard and made in a Hollywood studio just like those fakes of those that they made of the moon landings?* (End quote)

Maybe it would be in WWN's best interest to run an interview with, the still living, Buzz Aldrin, who is a tangible witness to both said events. Aldrin dove to the Titanic with RMSTI to release a transponder attached to the "Big Piece". Also recalling Aldrin physically "knocked out" a heckler who taunted and cried at Aldrin that the moon landing was all faked...nicely videotaped by a present journalist!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

>> And these things haven't happened since the time machine
>> hasn't been invented yet. But what if it is invented in the
>> future and they come back to what is now our present ?

The 2010 us wouldn't have much to do and would have to find another morbid obsession. :-(

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The 2010 us wouldn't have much to do and would have to find another morbid obsession. :-(<<

Encyclopedia Lusitania perhaps? How about Encyclopedia Wilhelm Gustloff??? Plenty of disasters out there with high body counts!