Just as the ship went down

Bear00

Sep 9, 2010
To Whom It May Concern, Hello, My name is Archie Peterson and I am writing in regards on a piece of Titanic sheet music that I own. The piece is from 1912 and is called, "Just as the ship went down". I am interested if anyone has any further information on this piece because I have an original signed and dated copy of it. I have been searching for years on any kind of information but with little to no luck. I have found a couple of originals in museums and in special collections at a couple of major collages. Like I said it is dated 1912 in what looks like to be pencil with a signature of one Floy A. Yokum. I have searched many times for any information on this person but with no luck. If you could give me any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
To add to the fun, the author of the words was also known as Edith Maida Sturges. She was a hack poet, who seems to have left only one book of verse called Insurrection and other Poems. You can read it here. Insurrection (Open Library) There's a photo of the author trying to look glamorous.