Karen Marie Abelseth

Holly Tomren

Former Member
Thank you for showing the human side of this tragedy. I was able to find information about my relative, Karen Marie Abelseth (3rd class passenger). I am searching for her descendants and more information on her. If anyone can help me, let me know.

Holly Tomren
Long Beach, CA

seedygirl

I am one of Karen's grandchildren. She was the best grandmother anyone could ever ask for. As children, we were instructed to NEVER ask about Titanic, it was too distressing to her. There is a letter, sent to her father shortly after the sinking, which explains her experience.

I am one of Karen's grandchildren. She was the best grandmother anyone could ever ask for. As children, we were instructed to NEVER ask about Titanic, it was too distressing to her. There is a letter, sent to her father shortly after the sinking, which explains her experience.
Not to be too nosy, but did you ever get to read the letter yourself, or only heard about it?

I was just reading about the Abelseth family today. I could imagine it being very distressing, and unfortunately unforgettable for her in the worst way. In a way it's a shame it was the scene of a romantic story like James Cameron's film, because it takes away from the real stories, and the factual from fictional, and romanticized such a tragedy that was romantic for no one experiencing it.