Katie Mullen

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Jean,

Welcome to ET. I moved this thread to here, where it's more appropriate and will generate a better response.

Have you checked out Katie's biography, right here on this site? If not, here is the link:

Katie Mullen's bio

Also, this thread has a bit of info:

Katie Mullen

There are some other passenger researchers on here, who may be able to tell you more about her life.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Apr 27, 2003
Jean - All I can add is the rather stark entry :

(From The Emergency and Relief booklet by the American Red Cross, 1913).
Case number 321. (Irish). Girl, 20 years old. ($100).

Chers Brian

jean mullen

Apr 23, 2005
thanks for the messages her bio was very interesting. I have recently ordered the book Irish aboard the titanic by senan maloney cant wait to receive it. This is a very interesting site, it is all new to me but I am enjoying the research. regards jean

jean mullen

Apr 23, 2005
I understand, from a little delving, that katie married a martin kearns in new york, she also had a son, does anyone know what he was called?

Dec 6, 2000
According to Senan's: The Irish Aboard Titanic, the son was named John.
Aged 19 along with 496 others he was drowned when their troopship was sunk 20 April 1944.

Pat Lentino

Apr 16, 2007
I just found this wonderful website. I am a decendent of Katie Mullen looking for others to exchange info with.

Pat Lentino

Apr 16, 2007
I guess I should clarify my last post. Katie Mullen was my grandmother's cousin. My grandmother's family is from Longford, Ireland. I always heard stories about her and how her son died by drowning on a troop ship. I was surprised to hear she lived here in Queens, NY very close to where I live but I never got to meet her. My mother also said Katie's sister was the maid of honor at her grandmothers wedding.

Sorry if my last post was confusing

Jan 4, 2008
Pat, i think that is so cool that you are related to her! do you by chance have any pictures of her? i want to know because where i live our local theatre group is doing Titanic: a new Musical, and i play Kate Mullen (as in the musical Mullins)!!!

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Amanda,

Welcome aboard. According to Pat's profile, s/he has not accessed the board since last September, so they may or may not see your message. You can send them a message through their profile though, by clicking on their name.

Pat Lentino

Apr 16, 2007
Hello Amanda,

I do not have any pictures but will ask my mother if she has any. I believe she does have one or two. I will post it if we can find it. Good luck with your musical.

Pat

SteveManns

Oct 7, 2015
UK
My maternal grandmother, Margaret Mullen, was also Kate's cousin. In fact she bought the ticket for the Titanic, but changed her mind about going , and gave it to (or sold it!) to Kate.
Margaret also came from Longford, and in fact I've recently visited there with my mother at their old house in St. Micheals Road, Longford, where we met people who remembered the family.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Katie Mullen's name was on the passenger list, so she could not have been using a ticket issued to somebody else. There was no provision for transfer of ownership.

SteveManns

Oct 7, 2015
UK
I got the story from my mother who is 95 so the story might have got a bit skewed in the telling. All I know is that my gran should have gone but didn't. Apparently the money for the trip was sent over to Ireland from someone (maybe a family member) in the States to my gran, so maybe she just gave it to Kate.