Keeping The Story Of The Titanic Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I don't know if any of my contributions can really be called "Great." If something is, it's a judgement made by others and not myself. Aside from an article I co-wrote with Tracy Smith and Erik Wood on the Californian mess, my own contribution in keeping the story alive is in continuing to take an interest in and participating in the debates and discussions.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I don't think any of my contributions are "great" either. I've just done what a lot of other people have done and continue to do, is research the subject and participate in the discussions. Plus, I contribute items to the site as others do.

Other than that, I'm working on a biography of Arthur Peuchen.

Addendum: Also, I worked on an exhibition for four months, so that's another contribution.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I don't know about "great". What I have tried to do in my e-book is to get away from the hype surrounding the "ship of dreams" and to examine the attitudes afloat and ashore that made the disaster possible. There is far more to the story than the exaggerated wonders of Titanic's decor and the adventures of her company.

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
I think by just talking about it with others and dispelling some of the myths to those who only know Titanic from movies. I have started conversations with complete strangers and they seem to have endless questions and a genuine interest to know more. The topic is interesting and the simple mention of the name Titanic "sparks" their interest.
Wondering aloud, Don

Sep 26, 1999
First of all let me say that I have always felt it has been an honor to be a member of the Titanic Historical Society. I celebrate my 10th year as a member this year. I have always thought that as a member I should do my part to help keep the story of the Titanic alive. While I have never confessed to be anyone other than just someone who loves the story of the Titanic, I do feel like I know much about the Titanic and the people who sailed aboard her. I think the greatest contribution I have made are the exhibits that I have had at local libraries showcasing some of the memorabilia that I have collected since 1994. Having written to over 100 families of Titanic passengers, I feel I have much to share in keeping the story alive. I guess I just wanted to ask this question because it being the anniversary month of the sinking of the Titanic. I hope I have and will continue to do my part in keeping the story alive for future generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.