Key to the floor plans

Thomas

Jul 27, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and have not had much of a chance to search through all the posts etc yet, so please forgive me if this has been posted before.

On looking through the deck plans on this website <http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/titanic/explorer/explorer.html> I have noticed that the furniture and fittings have been given letter or numbers, e.g. the beds are numbered, the wardrobe has been abbreviated to 'W'.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had a key to these symbols, and could post them for me or, if this question has already been asked, could direct me to it.

Thankyou,

Tom

Reactions: Ajmal Dar

Thomas

Jul 27, 2009
Dieter,
Thankyou for your quick response and link to Bruce Beveridge's site. However is there a clearer copy of the deck plans? As they key is very small and unreadable. I know that you can buy the plans, but they are a bit out of my price range.

thankyou

Chris

Mar 5, 2011
Hello, would anyone happen to have a link to the key? The above link no longer works. Thanks in advance.

Feb 21, 2013
Lloret de Mar, Gerona (Spain)
This is what I worked out so far:
B: Berth?
CS: ?
D: Desk? Drawer chest?
DRS: DReSser?
DT: Dressing/Dresser Table
FL: Folding Lavatory
H: Heater
H: Hoist
HP: ?
L: Linen chest
LK: ?
LKR: ?
PT: ?
S: Sink?
SB: SideBoard
TE: ?
W: Wardrobe
WR: WardRobe / Wardrobe Room
WT: Writing Table
WTD: Water Tight Door

Reactions: Ajmal Dar

Robby House

Jun 9, 2016
Kathleen, GA
This is what I worked out so far:
B: Berth?
CS: ?
D: Desk? Drawer chest?
DRS: DReSser?
DT: Dressing/Dresser Table
FL: Folding Lavatory
H: Heater
H: Hoist
HP: ?
L: Linen chest
LK: ?
LKR: ?
PT: ?
S: Sink?
SB: SideBoard
TE: ?
W: Wardrobe
WR: WardRobe / Wardrobe Room
WT: Writing Table
WTD: Water Tight Door
I'm trying to find out what "P" stands for. These are primarily found throughout the Tank Top Deck of this site's deck plan. I'm wondering if it stands for "Pump"? If so I'm kind of surprised that there was that many spaced throughout the ship. I'm very interested to find out their inner workings. I'm especially interested in the pumps after reading David G. Brown's book Titanic Myths & Truths to see how exactly a bilge may have been inadvertently turned on that channeled water into an otherwise dry water tight compartment with such force that it in effect cleared the whole place clear of men that were busy trying to contain flooding in adjacent compartments, etc.