Kimberley Dayle Edwards

• Thread starter Kimberley Dayle Edwards
  • Start date

K

Kimberley Dayle Edwards

Hi Everybody!
I thought that before I go any further, I should tell everyone about myself.
I am from sunny Gloustershire in England. I have long red hair and I want to be an actress. (so if you are a casting director please contact me!!)I have 2 brothers, one who is 12, and another who is 31, called Scott and Mark, respectively. Mark lives in Austraila with his wife and daughter Natalia and is in suite C-81, C-83, for those of you on the Titanic Voyage.
But enough about my family. I first became interested in the Titanic...well...I don't really know! There could be many reasons, one was when I turned on the TV when I was about 5 and saw the end of a Night to Remember. I remember thinking that it looked like a really good film, and looked really interesting. The other, most probable explanation is because at school we did an English project on the Titanic. We watched A Night to Remember, and I was totally engrossed in the film. While other people were talking and chatting and not paying any attention to it, there was me, sitting in my chair, not saying a word, staring at the movie which was the best thing I have ever seen. I got so involved in the story that by the end, I had tears running down my cheeks, incredibly moved by the terribly sad events of that fateful night. I got so involved that I did not notice the entire class staring at me with wide eyes, including my teacher! After that, I had some work to do on it, and I found it so interesting that I wrote far more than I was expected to do, and thorughly surprised my teacher (I am known for my healthy lack of enthusiasm about homework!). My mum then saw my interest about the ship, and bought me a book on it, thus starting a long facsination with the unlucky liner. I now have 6 movies, 10 documentaries, 10 books and numerous collectors items including a Titanic photo (see the post in General Titanic Q and A's entitled 'How much is this worth'). I buy everything to do with Titanic I can lay my hands on, and have a website on it.
I have three titanic ('scuse the pun!) dreams. One is to go on the new Titanic, if they ever make it, First Class. The second is to bring back the fashions of 1912. I would open a clothes shop entitled 'Titanic', and inside would be exquisite new and old dresses, oufits and accessories from the Gilded Age. Of course, all the clothes would be updated so they would be wearable nowadays, except for the evening wear, which would be restored to its former glory. Some of the clothes nowadays are so ugly, and they have no imagination. The clothes today are no match for the ones in 1912. If anyone agrees with me, reply and say so!
The last dream is being realised as we speak. The Titanic Voyage - 2001 is underway and, hopefully, will be a great success!
Well, this has been a long posting, sorry if I bored you! LOL :)
Kimberley

R

Rachelle Joseph

Hi Kimberely..
Yes, I agree the fashions of the time were quite
something. But, I would not like to have to change my clothing as much as what they did back in the day. I did see some interesting items at the Titanic exhibit in Chicago. They had a Bowler hat on display, shoe, pajamas and a shirt. It is amazing that they have survived the test of time. I also collect Titanic Books. I have approximately 25 now and there is no stopping in sight. I just had to replace several because they are so worn out, but just can't find the heart to throw them away. I collect "Titanic" Limoge porcelains. They are small and do not take up much space (except I had to go out and purchase a curio cabinet just to contain them!) Well good luck collecting and best of luck.
Peace
Rachelle