Lanny Boutin's Titanic The Canadian Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanny boutin

Aug 11, 2006
If anyone is interested in a story of some of the Canadians on the Titanic, my book Titanic: The Canadian Connection, published by Altitude Publishers, is now available. For more information check out my web site — http://www.lannyboutin.com

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Lanny,

Your book sounds terrific! I will definitely be purchasing a copy in the near future.

I must ask though, how different is it from Alan Hustak's book Titanic: The Canadian Story?

lanny boutin

Aug 11, 2006
Alan’s wonderful book is like a historical record of the Canadians on the ship with information on lots of Canadians. Mine is a narrative which follows only a few Canadians, explaining who they were and what happened to them, on the ship and after. It is part of the Amazing Stories series.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I just purchased a copy of this book this past Sunday, while browsing in a bookstore. I've only read various parts of it, but from what I can see it is an extremely well done book on the Canadians. Lanny tells the stories of some of the Canadian passengers such as Major Peuchen, the Fortune family, the Allison family and Harry Markland Molson just to name a few. Lanny has done her research for this book and it shows.

I highly recommend this book to any researcher interested in the lives of the Canadian passengers and it is a great companion to Alan Hustak's book. My thanks and appreciation go out to Lanny for mentioning my name in the acknowledgements section; it is a honour to be included with the many other researchers and historians, the majority of them from this board.

Well done, Lanny!

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Jason. Actually I did. I was looking for something more specific. Your message that says, 'just to name a few' seems different from what she posted about it just concentrating on a small group. If you someone could give me a bit more information or bit more of a review of the book it would be appreciated. I'm interested in possibly buying it, but would like more info.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Michael,

I would recommend then, that you check out Lanny's website. The website address is in her first post in this thread. I only mentioned a few of the passengers, but there is at least several more discussed in the book.

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Jason
Checked the website, but it doesn't really tell me anything. Would it be possible for you to tell me what the difference is? I don't think it will be giving away the book to reveal like if there are new pictures or maybe a new account?!
I do like how the author is donating proceeds for rulers and whatnot for children. I think thats very admirable and a nice gesture.
Mike

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Michael,

The difference is that Lanny's book only concentrates on a select number of passengers and as to who they were, where they were traveling, etc. Whereas Alan's book discusses a large number of Canadians.

Yes, it may seem that both books are one and the same, but they're not. I should point out that the book is not illustrated, but the text makes up for the absence of photos.

I agree, Lanny is doing a very noble thing by donating the proceeds to helping children. It's something that should be done more often.

I hope this helps.

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
Ah, Jason. Yes, that is perfectly helpful. I will be ordering the book soon. I can't wait to read it.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.