Large piece of Titanic coal.

Utahraptor

Apr 17, 2017
A few years ago I saw on eBay a very large piece of Titanic coal for sale with a wooden box. I wondered if anybody had any large pieces of coal and how much they would be? Thank you.

matt fleener

Mar 24, 2018
I have a very large piece of coal that I purchased at an estate sale many years ago, I actually just have been thinking on what im going to do with it and was looking to find a value for it. It's 8lbs 1.6 ounces. Curious what the value of this item is? I'm not entirely sure I want to sell it to anyone, but I'm curious as to the price. Would anyone be willing to look at some photos of it and tell me what they think?

Utahraptor

Apr 17, 2017
Could you please send photos of your peice of coal. I am after a large peice myself, far larger than the small pieces offered on eBay. If you could have a tape measure or something else to judge scale, that would really help. Thank you.

Julian Atkins

Sep 23, 2017
South Wales UK
I have a large lump of Welsh steam coal in my shed measuring approx 1ft square, if not larger. Bearing in mind that large lump Welsh steam coal is no longer obtainable - how much would you offer for it!?

Cheers,

Julian

matt fleener

Mar 24, 2018
Attached with an extended measuring tape for size reference. as said before it's about 8lb 1.6 oz. I saw a piece that was maybe a handful size going on ebay and that was fetching a nice price. This came along with a lot of nautical themed items in a estate lot, i got a couple boat models and a ship wheel, old lantern, etc. with it. Any thoughts anyone has are welcome.

IMG_20180325_155500.jpg

IMG_20180325_155510.jpg