1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

Lars Noorman

Discussion in 'Individual members' threads' started by Lars Noorman, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Lars Noorman

Lars Noorman Member

Hello all,
    I'm Lars & i'm 13 years old. I live in Holland so don't expect that much from my english. I'm a Titanic fan since 2004. Like the Britannic much too. Well... i don't know anything else to post so byeXD

Lars

Tags:
  2. Keep up with the very good English, Lars. It's a darn sight better than anyone else's Dutch (whether they are 13 or 63), which is probably not very surprising.

But, seriously, just post on this site if you are interested in Titanic or Britannic - we are, mostly, reasonably able to understand people whose first language is not English.

In fact, we want to, as there were so many non-English speakers on board Titanic that night, who suffered or died as a result. You just might be able to tell us something we don't know.

3. Lars Noorman

Lars Noorman Member

Haha thanks happy.gif I know there was a dutch chef on Titanic i thought it was Henry Bolhuis or something.

Lars

4. If you want to learn more, Lars, it is time to become a member, which will allow you to post on other threads and ask questions and find answers. Being here, on the "Introduce Yourself" thread does not let you have much communication with other members.

But you are only 13, so your parents probably need to agree to your posting on this site.

5. Lars Noorman

Lars Noorman Member

? What do you mean? Registering or something

6. Howdy, Lars and Welcome to et.gif .

I have a few Lars in my family tree having Swedish and Danish on my mother's side.

7. Russell Smith

Russell Smith Member

I speak German, so I can understand a little Dutch. happy.gif

132994.jpg

8. You can read all the Titanic stuff here, Lars, but you can't post on the threads unless you are registered. However, as you are young, you need to satisfy the Moderators that your parents are happy to let you post here.

From my experience, this is a safe site for young people as everyone is asked to register under their real name, and the Moderators are always checking the site for people who might try to register under aliases, or silly names. And every effort is made to protect your personal details, including your personal email - which cannot be revealed.

But at your age, your parents must make the final decision.

9. Jason D. Tiller

Jason D. Tiller Moderator Member

Hello Lars,

Welcome aboard. You'll learn a lot on this forum, so stick around.

Enjoy and see you around the board.