Last Liners of the White Star Line book

B

Brent Holt

Does anyone know where I can find the book "Last Liners of the White Star Line-Britannic and Georgic"? I have heard of it, but have not been able to find anyplace online to purchase it.
Brent

B

Brent Holt

I saw it advertised in a Sea Breezes mag while I was browsing in a book store.
Brent

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Is this Richard deKerbrech's anticipated book about Britannic and Georgic? If, so, the last I heard was on the Liners List a number of months ago, to the effect that the project had been shelved because deKerbrech's publisher felt there was no market for such a book.

Pity.

B

Brent Holt

I am not sure. But I saw the book as advertised for sale recently.
Brent

B

Brent Holt

I am looking for the recent book "Last Liners of the White Star Line: Britannic and Georgic"
I am having great difficulty finding it here in the states. Can anyone help? (It would be appreciated)

Brent
bholt@digicove.com

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, Brent---

Is this Richard de Kerbrech's book? If so, last I heard (about a year ago) was that the publisher had shelved the project due to a perceived lack of interest.

Jan 5, 2001
A Georgic book is alive and well. It covers her career and I saw a copy on the shelves at Liverpool Uni's Sydney Jones Library, as I said a while back.

Ian Bland

May 31, 2009
There is a great Picture of the Georgic on the back of the Robin Gardiner book 'The History of the White Star Line'. Does anyone know about other photo's of this ship on the web?

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Mark C.---

I don't remember your mentioning a Georgic book before, and I can't seem to find it in any archived message. Do you have any of the details---title, author, etc.---of the book you saw in Liverpool?

Jan 5, 2001
Hi!

It must have been another forum. I am afraid not -- but it was not very detailed from what I remember (I think it was quite thin). I seem to remember it being white or greyish and it might have been privately printed or by a small publisher. It might have been something like 'MV Georgic' -- but I really didn't take much notice. Sorry.

Best regards,

Mark.

B

Brian Hawley

Here is a reasonably interesting photo of Britannic loading cars in 1931. This from a White Star magazine of that year. Its not Georigc but an unusual view non the less.

Brian
50780.jpg

Sep 2, 2009
Brian:

Here is classic photo-postcard image of the Georgic. This is taken after the second world war as she has been re-fitted with only one funnel and is also in White Star Livery. Also please note the dual house flags on the mainmast.

50796.jpg

Sep 2, 2009
And now for an image of the Britannic taken in New York Harbor in 1939 just two weeks prior to the outbreak of the second world war.

50799.jpg