Last Liners of the White Star Line book

B

Brian Hawley

Georgic never did look good after the war.

Brian

Here she is pre war.

50807.jpg

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
It seems that amazon.co.uk also has it; yesterday I received an email from them that they had shipped a copy that I had ordered from them a long, long time ago.

B

Brent Holt

I received the book today and am quite pleased with it. The photos are excellent, and include many I have never seen before. It also has much new info about the ships. I would have liked even more, but this is only nit-picking.
I would like to see a similiar book on White Star Line's Big 4.
Brent

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Mine arrived today; from a brief skimming over lunch, it looks very good.

Richard deKerbrech has done some really first-class books on liners over the years. This looks like another example of that.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Yep, Boz, it's out, it's quite good and quite a few of us have it. Check amazon.co.uk; that's where I got mine.

Mar 28, 2002
Thanks for that Mark. It's on order, it's due to arrive Tuesday and it's going to be a big surprise for one particular old chap.

Now, what would you like to drink, sir?

Cheers,

Boz

Jan 21, 2003
Does anyone no where i can find pictures of the Georgic and Britannic under construction or being scrapped? and are there any pictures of the 2 together?

Jan 21, 2003
YEa if i had the money i would buy it but I'm a lil short on cash cuz i just got a huge computer upgrade...do u know of any sites?

Dec 8, 2000
Another option (for those in the US only, perhaps) is the THS. They have the book for US$19 (plus shipping) as per Ray Lepien's reminder in the guestbook the other day.

I also checked the usual second hand haunts but there's nothing there right now.

Mar 28, 2002
Afternoon all,

de Kerbrech's book arrived a couple of weeks ago and Malcolm's thrilled with it. The book that was up for sale on e-bay was another one by Steven-somebody (I forget). It did appear on Amazon but not available yet. I can wait. I ain't paying saft money for it!

Cheers,

Boz

B

Brent Holt

I am the moron who bought the Georgic book on e-bay. I got a little overenthusiastic and did not mean to bid so high on it. Oh, well. It should be on its way to me in the mail now. I am looking forward to it.
I would like to see a book of this type on the second Mauretania. She is often overlooked.
Brent