Last Years SC Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 1998
Darren-the photos look great and I'm glad to see them--my camera went on the blink and I only got a couple of photos of the event. I hope you'll post the ones you took this year as well--you got some great ones.

One of Quartermaster Hichens' grandsons is coming to Atlanta in November and plans to come over to Florence to visit me for a couple of days--if all works out, we'll have another gathering in his honor.

Take care,
Phil

Mar 18, 2000
Hmmm. That's kinda weird - Darren's link doesn't work inside Netscape, but I was able to paste into IE, and it worked fine.

Colleen- thanks for covering for ME, who didn't get to a store to get a camera! And George Behe had his.

(I have it on good authority that George is going into the picturized dart board business, after the SC trip!)
happy.gif

D

Deleted member 173198

Great photo's Brian!

Thanks for sharing them.

Andrew W.

Sep 26, 1999
I will post the photo's from this years dinner soon, I think I have everybody in these photo's. I didn't take as many as I should have last year.

Mar 10, 1998
Hey Darren,
Thanks for posting them--you got some good shots.

In the photo labeled Brian Meister, Phil Gee is on the left.

The photo labeled "Emily and Susan"--should be Emilie Lott on the left and her sister Beckey Payne on the right.

Brian Hawley is with George Behe and Geoff Whitfield in a couple of photos and in one by himself.

Alex Cheek and Beckey Payne are in one of the latter photos.

Also should note that in one of the group photos of the women, Alma Whitfield is in the middle.

Anne Manning's daughter is Anne Marie Murtagh. Her three daughters are Anne Marie (oldest), Micheala (middle) and Bridgit (youngest).

Phil

Sep 12, 2000
Everyone looks like they had such a great time. I am so sorry that I missed meeting Alma, Geoff and George.

Maureen.

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Maureen:
It's not like we didn't save a spot for you. See the sad empty space in the photo of Susan Willard and next to Yuri Singleton? That was your place. shehe.

Next time we will be sure to organize a Titanic trivia game the night before. All of us ended up staying in the same hotel, so it was like a dorm back in college.

Mar 20, 2000
Darren,

These are all great pictures. I'm glad such a good time was had. I only regret I couldn't make it. I had really looked forward to finally meeting everybody. It looks like it was a fine, happy bunch, despite what I hear rumored were consistent efforts by Geoff and George to bring down morale! Those two havoc-mongers!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Randy

Dec 13, 1999
Randy, It was just an ugly rumour - everyone enjoyed themselves despite Behe's and my efforts! Next time Randy.....next time!

Sep 12, 2000
Wait Mike, all of you were in the same room? hehehehehehehehehe

I remember last year, but Tracy, Mike Tennaro and Tracey McIntire cheat at Titanic Trivia, I swear it is true. I knew I was the winner, but it was the questions and I just wasn't prepared. You know......hey I stink at Titanic Trivia what can I say.

Anyway, it was so much fun and the only bad thing about it last year was that we all did need to be much closer as the whole time seemed way too short. Did anyone warn the hotel? hehehehehehe

And I am not surprised that Geoff and George were able to attend based on these photos the customs officials did not have real photos. The ones they have look like butch cassidy and the sundance kid.

And Geoff, I think that Titanic buffs can have a good time even if marooned on an uncharted island with just a Titanic book collection and a ship model.

Can't wait until the next time. I had counted on bringing some little prezzies with me again. But next time.

Maureen.

May 8, 2001
DRATS Darren. I thought I sent you enough money...
smile.gif
..... Thank you for your pictures, and the very kind caption. I had such an unbelieveably wonderful time (even if I was stuck at the same table with Behe, Whitfield, Standart, and Wormstedt!
wink.gif
).(Like ~I~ would have had it any other way?!?!)

Maureen. I think most of us were on the 3rd floor. I did pre-warn the hotel, and they DID kick us out of the lobby once. (hee hee) You should have seen all of us eyeing the pool, and wishing we had our Titanic model to sink in it.
We had it all planned out too. Since Brian Hawley was the youngest and new man on the totum pole, he was designated to fetch the ship. I am sure he couldn't have been more relieved we forgot it. (Come to think of it, Bill & Susan had one there.)
As far as trivia goes, I am so glad that there wasn't any! I was so mesmerized with the whole trip, I still don't have the words to describe it.

Colleen

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well, we could have had our model test, but the motel didn't like the idea of putting piranhas in the pool to make life interesting for whoever we pitched...uhhh...whoever volunteered to go fetch the thing.

Oh well, maybe next year!
grin.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sep 12, 2000
Phil Gowan is such a brave man...putting up with us and smiling about it too!

Colleen I am jealous. I had to share Mike Standart and Senan Molony with three other women! How do you rate getting Whitfield, Behe, Standart and Wormstedt all at the same table? Okay, Gowan I want my money back......They cheated at Trivia last year.....whine....grip....complain........

See what happens when you don't go to these things...you get onery. hehehehehehehehe

Mike, PIRANHAS??? What happened to the sharks? And you keep getting very clever with those smileys too. hehehehehehe

Glad you all had such a great time!
Maureen.

Status
Not open for further replies.