Laura Elizabeth Hicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Welcome aboard Laura, hey I'm Laura too ! My interest in Titanic began when I was 12, and my brother and I always went over to our friend Jimmy's house to see the film. (First I saw it when I was 11, but little did I care about it.) After 8th grade, I loved Titanic, and was willing to learn more about her. Do you have a favorite passenger ? I have a lot, can't choose. Cya later, Laura
smile.gif

Hey we are both 16! Nice to meet you too Laura. I think my favorite person would have to be Thomas Andrews, the ship builder. What about you?

My interest started when I would have these dreams about being there an trying to stop it from sinking. Things that happened in the dream were some things that I had to look up. I went to the library an checked out a book with witness accounts. There I saw pictures that matched my dreams an for a while it was scary. One passenger that I saw in the dream I tried to find on this site, recently I did, I found an exact description on her in the unidentified people. Since then I have felt a connection with the Titanic. I would like to learn more about her too.

Tom Bates

Hi Wellcome to the board I am 16 as well. Do you use any Messenger programs? My yahoo and aim and msn Names are on my profile. I am looking Forward to hearing from you.

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Hey Laura, I guess my favorite Titanic passenger would be Helen Loraine Allison-First Class Passenger, who was only 2 at the time.

The funny thing is, that I've dreamt of Titanic passeners too, about Eric Rice, and the Asplund family, pretty wierd, I know. There is a good book-the Mammoth Book of Titanic, which has hunderdds of survivors' accoubts of the sinking,testimonies...

Oh yeah, Laura, do u have aim ? I'm TitanicFan1987

Cya later, Laura
smile.gif

Helen I have heard about her. How come you picked her?

I was told that we had a member of the family go on the Titanic, he was 20 or 21 an in third class. He didn't survive, no one in my family knows his name though.

Titanic voices : memories from the fateful voyage
Hyslop, Donald.
This is a good book you should look into it.

I don't have AIM, sorry.

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

I dunno, because she's cute I guess, and I have a photo of me and my brother together, when I was 5, and I look very much like her.

I can help you unravel that mystery. Do you know where he was from ? England, Ireland... Well, if you do, we'll check every 20 and 21 year old's biography, and maybe some even have a picture of themselves, we can elminate some... until the identity of your relative is known.

Alright, I'll check that book out, thanx.

CYa, Laura
smile.gif

No I don't know anything about him. I think there is only one relative that would know in my family an she is a little crazy.
happy.gif
I think I'll check the third class lists an the unidentified list.

Interesting that looked like her when you were 5.

Laura

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

It is, isn't it ? Even in real life I look 2 or 3 years younger than I am. Everybody will accept if I say I'm 15 and I could pass for a 14 year old. Infact, my friend's grandma asked when I'll be turning 16 ! Though I am as tall as i should be, my face looks younger. No one would tell I'm 17. At least I woun't get old quick !

The Unidentified List won't help you, I'm afraid, since the people are unidentified.

Cya later, Laura
happy.gif

well some say the age they think they are.

With me it's the total opposite, people ask me if I'm driving, though i could. People always think i'm older, say I look 20 when i'm 16. That's good now I guess but not later lol.

I'm writing a fiction story about a girl named Lily francis (not a real passenger)who travels first class an becomes friends with andrews. Thomas Andrews seemed he was be an interesting guy to meet.This from looking at the message boards.

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Oh my gosh ! I'm writing a story of Jessie and Sidney,and their baby brother William, who are going to America with their parents, travelling in Third Class, I think Jessoe will be the only survivor, sj
he's 10 (my age when I came here) Sidney is 9, my borther's sge 6 years ago. I LOVE writing stoties, but I never finsh them, always mess up, get bored of them... but I will finish this one !

Are you going to include pictues in your book ? I will, on the cover will be Titanic, and the family, somewhere in the book I'll show pictures of the Third Class cabins, dining room... It'll be so much fun !

Cya, Laura
happy.gif

This will be my third story. I'm not going to include pictures. Lily will survive from being picked up in the water an she will be sad about mr. Andrews decision to stay. Lily is going to be 21 on april 20th, the ticket was a gift from her parents,she lived in South Hampton.

I love writing stories too, when I finish I make everyone read them!I came to this site to make the story as close as possible to the real Titanic. I'm so excited about it, I just want to finish it.

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

It's gonna be my-wait let me count, fourth one, I think. My first one was when I was 12, so yeah. The thing is, I don't have all that much time to write, or if I do, I play games... Oh well.

When do you think you'll finish ? I stopped right now, for the summer, and will continue it next summer, I suppose.

I'll cya later, Laura
happy.gif

me I couldn't continue next summer, I think i'll finish writing maybe Monday the 15. I started it the 4th. Then I need to type and I don't know how long that will take. I think my story will turn out to be 15 pages typed 12 font double spaced. What about you? how much are writing?

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

I type mine directly into the computer, then print it. I want my stories to be long, like a hundred pages, but the most I ever wrote was something like 30-about Mabel, who went on the Titanic, but I got bored of it. I want my story to be about the same lenght as yours- 10 to 30 pages, I can't encourage myself to write a lot, short stories are perfect for me.

How many Titanic books do you have ? So far, I only have four, and I really want this book called The Irish Aboard the Titanic, I want Triumph and Tragedy...

Oh man, a bee just flew in, I've gotta hit it down, before it stings me !

cya, Laura
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.