Leah E Astor

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leah E. Astor

Hello! My name is Leah Astor, and I'm from Toronto Canada. I can't believe it took me so long to find this site!! I have been obsessed with the Titanic since I was in second grade. I am now 18, and just as obsessed, if not more with the amazing ship. I AM related to some people on the ship (bet u can guess who, by my last name), and they may be the original reason for my obsession, but now they are just a branch of reasons I love it so much. I am a dreamer, and romantic, and my views on the Titanic are strictly from my imagination and knowledge about it. It is impossible for us to ever know everything about the wonderful ship, and its our job to fill in the blanks with thoughts and stories of our own. I spend my time writing stories about people that were on board, all my stories are completely made up except for some. Some stories I've written are: "The unsinkable Molly brown: Life in a small box," "Astor: A family of much," "Leah Aks:The woman behind the story," and my favorite "Titanic: A simple touch." None of my stories are published, and I never intend to get them published, but I enjoy writing them, and my friends enjoy reading them. If u have any story ideas, or if you would like to co-write a story with me, email me! [email protected]
Nice to meet you!!!
-Leah Astor

Jan 31, 2001
Hello Leah,

Welcome to the message board! I'm Brandon Whited from Virginia. I'm 16 and I also enjoy writing fiction stories, although mine are mainly horror or science fiction. Your stories all sound like good reads. Have you thought of publishing them online? Fan Fiction.net has a section for people to publish original Titanic stories. If you're interested, the address is: http://www.fanfiction.net.

I might send some ideas your way sometime. If I ever get the time, I might even co-write a story with you, but it's hard to tell when that will be.

What relation are you to Colonel Astor?

Take care!

L

Leah E. Astor

I'm some form of cousin or somthing. I'm not sure of the exact relation since no one in my family is quite sure...sad I know. But he is listed in my family tree as an unknown relation. Oh well.
Thanx for replying so fast! I wasnt expecting it so soon!
-Leah Astor

Jul 14, 2002
Leah,

I'm glad you found this website! I'm only 20, and I think you'll find a large number of us posters our age! I wish the best of luck with your stories!

Eric

J

John Meeks

Hi Leah,

Welcome to ET.

I'm afraid there's a few of us 'geezers' out here too! Some of us are from 'North of the border' also...so you don't need to feel alone!

With your family connection, you're sure to get lots of questions, so...prepare yourself for being, possibly, the 'guest of honour' for a while!

Regards, and enjoy...

John M

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Leah:
The Astor genealogy is well-documented, so it should not be too hard to figure out if and how you are related. There are probably a lot of books available from the local library. "The Astors," by Virginia Cowles, published in 1979, lists all the family branches from John Jacob Astor (1763-1848) through the next 6 generations and includes the American and British sides of the family. Trace your family history as far back as you can, and you might find a connection. What are your grandfather and father's name and years of birth?

L

Leah E. Astor

That would normally make a lot of sence, but my family is weird, and somehow all of us are to lazy to really figure it out! EVEN ME! Can u believe that? lol. I'm kinda ashamed of it myself, since I am so obsessed with the Titanic, but somehow as I said earlier, just because I am related to him is no longer the main area of my titanic studies, and tho it would be cool to know exactly how I am related, I don't really have the time to figure it out exactly. I do know that he is either a cousin, or and uncle or somthing. probably cousin tho. NEwayz, I'll write more L8r!
-Leah Astor

S

Susan Leighton

Leah, You said:
"but my family is weird, and somehow all of us are to lazy to really figure it out!"
Join the croud...I traced my family back six generations and my sister and brother could not have cared less. It makes me sad that they don't care where they came from, but oh-well...at least I care and you can say the same for yourself. Welcome to the message board!! I am also new to the board...I think you will find it entertaining and informative.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Leah,

Welcome aboard! This is without a doubt the best site for all things Titanic. That's really interesting that you are related to Colonel Astor.

I see you are from Toronto, so am I! I'm 26, and I've been obsessed with the Titanic since the fifth grade. All the best with your stories.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

L

Leah E. Astor

Obviously not! I am an Astor somehow. Who knows. L8r!
-Leah Astor

S

Susan Leighton

Let it rip Leah!!!Don't let 'em tell you who you are.

L8tr2

Susan Y. Leighton

L

Leah E. Astor

Thanx by the way 4 that Susan!!
Trust me...I wont let them. *smile*

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
If the relation is unknown, then maybe there is no relation at all. There are other Astors besides that one family that he was from. Darren's comment leads me to think that you may be mistaken since you have no defenant proof.
Adam

L

Leah E. Astor

Oh no...I didn't mean to let u thin that. I do know he is a relation. My cousin Jenn did a family history thing about it and she found it out as a fact for me. She just never told me how he was related, and last time I asked her, she couldn't find the information. I hardly EVER see Jenn, she lives so far away, and I rarely ever talk to her except through email occasionaly, so I havn't been able to find out from her. I will someday tho.
Trust me! lol
-Leah Astor

Sep 26, 1999
I bet Phillip Gowan knows if there is a relation. Most of the Astor descendants live in the NYC area but their last name is Drexel, not Astor.

Nov 9, 2002
Hey Leah,
That would be so cool to be related to someone on the Titanic! LUCKY YOU! I feel as im out of place lol maybe I was reincarnated!

R

Richard K. Mason

Leah, Hi!

Thank you for your E-mail. I dug out that story I wrote 31 years ago at my Mom's today. Since I now have the hindsight of 31 years later, I'm going to re-write some of it to fit what has been revealed since then. It may take awhile, but eventually, I'll get it done. When I complete it, I'll mail you a copy to review.

Thanks again and enjoy all of these admirers that seem to want your attention. Lucky You! Ha!
Richard

A

Alex McLean

Leah,
Sorry about posting so darn late, but welcome to the web site. Myself and Sahand are some of the younger members, but as always, it is great to meet someone related to a Titanic passenger or member of the crew. Wishing you all the best here,

Status
Not open for further replies.