Lego Titanic Models

Rupert Harris

Nov 21, 2006
Thank you George. It used to have rigging but it proved a hassle to keep. It also has lights running through the superstructure.
I'll probably make a few adjustments soon so if anyone has an idea to make it look a little bit better please let me know. Thanks. Rupert.
The image below shows the Olympic (to the right) and another Lego ship of mine illuminated.
001.jpg

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, Colorado, United States
Rupert and James, I like your models. I often spent countless hours building models of the Titanic with Legos as a younger person, but sadly, none of them survive. I once built the entire bridge section, color correct, to the scale of the Lego people. It inevitably ended up sunken and then 'raised' in my grandmother's swimming pool.
wink.gif

Rupert Harris

Nov 21, 2006
James I've never tested the Olympic in water because of the lights going through it. I built another one, identical and called it Titanic and sank that:
122395.jpg

Tom Lynskey

Feb 21, 2008
James- I think a lego scale Titanic would be about 27 feet long and 3 feet wide. I figure that because a lego man is about 1/32 scale. Those are about the measurements of the 1/32 scale Titanic.

A

Alexander John Cooley

Give me enough lego, Technology, and some specail stuff. I would build a 110' long Titanic and meniturize my self and sail the seven seas while being able to enjoy the ship it's self.

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hey Everyone,

I am currently building the Titanic similiar to Jefferey's, but it is considerably bigger. I am using a CAD program I found on the web that is used for Lego Sets, and it has a report generator telling me multiple things, such as how it is 37 feet long and four feet wide! (If I knew I was building such a behemoth I would have scrapped the idea in the first place.) Any-for-who, the only thing I have done is work and slave on the G-Deck. I am dreading the upper decks that have millions of rooms. As soon as it is done, I will go down into the Orlop Decks, and then go up. The curves are going to kill me as I do not have that much skill in the program, but hopefully by then, I will have the money to purchase the pieces. (I can also know the pieces involved, of which there are so far five and a half thousand invested as is, by another report.)
If anybody is interested, I will post pictures... somehow...
Clark

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello,
Thank you Jason for your heartening welcome. If you give me a post or two I shall have them up.
While I am on here, maybe some of you could help me out. I am worried about the curving and construction of the two side props. The middle one shouldn't be too bad, but the sides are going to be troublesome. If anybody has any suggestions in their design, It would be most helpful.
Thanks,
Private Clark Morningstar
7th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
Union Army

Steven Hall

Dec 17, 2008
I love seeing things made out of Lego. Once I did a Titanic for my son and he keep it on his shelf next to his models of both a Lancaster and B17.
But time seen the need for further use for the bricks (Lego) and after a few outings in the bath, the old ship was brokenup and now resides in pieces in a large plastic storage barrel.
So good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing some pictures posted up here.

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys,
I am having some trouble getting the pictures up. I'm trying to post one with this message, but it would help if the limit was more than 35 kilobytes!
g_lower_deck_82_copy2.png

Hooray it worked!!!!
Now here is the other one,
g_lower_deck_81_copy1.png

And here is a picture of Small Titanic which I built for reference.
smalltitanic_copy1.png

Jan 28, 2003
Lego isn't what it was, Steve. You can mostly only buy spacecraft and other ludicrous futuristic sets. You can't easily buy basic stuff which allows children to use their imaginations. When my boys were young, I dismantled the sets (after they'd made and enjoyed them) into component parts in a huge tool box, and they and their friends then spent many happy hours making things from their imaginations. Me too, actually.

My castle was the envy of the neighbourhood, and much better than the 'official' Lego version! I had a proper ghost in my dungeon which glowed after dark. Beat that.

Steven Hall

Dec 17, 2008
Arrr, the days of the old Lego bricks. Fond memories indeed. All my original Lego has gone the way of the dodo. Yes, it’s all Star Wars etc. these days.
I bought years ago the standard bricks, but my son bought those special kits like I mentioned above.
Pieces later stuck in the vacuum cleaner, fouled the pool filter and our cat, Nippy, nearly choked on a storm troopers helmet.
You remember those coloured ones back in little school Mon? They were made out of coloured wood of various lengths.
Those old days have left me now, but the memories remain.

Jan 28, 2003
Some of ours has recently returned, Steve! I gave our enormous Lego repository to my boys' 5-year old nephew about 10 years ago. Neither said anything, but years later James said, "You gave my Lego away!" Well, the nephew has outgrown it and a huge package of it has returned and James actually spent several hours making stuff. However, some of it is missing, mostly little people, storm trooper's helmets, hats, steering wheels, axles - the tiny stuff. But I understand another consignment is on its way. All I need now is some grandchildren .... and I could be on the floor again, reprising my tremendous castle to the admiration of a bunch of five-year olds.

May 27, 2007
I remember building Ancient Rome and Pompei with my Legos. Vesviuos erupted everyday. All because my brother and I saw The Arena\Naked Warrior by Roger Corman starring Pam Grier Margaret Markov as slaves forced to fight to the death in ancient Rome on USA Channel. I never built a Titanic.
sad.gif

Jan 28, 2003
I dunno how Clark's going to manage those curves. Do you have a Legoland theme park in the States? Ours is near me, and was great fun to visit, though I've not been for 10 years.