Lego Titanic Models

A

Alexander John Cooley

How far along are you now Clark?

I had the keel laid and all the ribbing outward and it was actually having a triple bottom too and well the hard drive that contained the behemoth was killed by a 1' 6" drop caused by some cat fights on my computer area which I am yet to get some cayenne pepper on my computer area.

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hey everyone,
I am in Japan right now, so I have neither done anything for the past week or posted. Thank you Mrs. Hall for the sympathy, It:s going to be greatly needed in the challenges ahead!
happy.gif
Anyway, I would like you all to know that I have advanced two bulkheads in completion from the front since the posting of the pictures. When I get back at the end of this month, I will yet again have no time as it is the start of my Sophmore year in highschool come the 3rd.
After that update, I hope everyone has had a great summer break; and for those out of school, enjoy the summer break of life! (-work hours and traffic jams!)
Bye!
Private Morningstar

A

Alexander John Cooley

Russell Yesterday I have got them in the mail and they are very nice and a real must have. I have a friend in Vegas that I am wanting to get them for as well but right now I am at the last stretch of my resources.

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello again everyone!
Well, I am almost done with my Sophomore year, an I am ashamed to say that I had to abandon G Deck for the reason of a serious error on my part which would have made me redo the entire model. Disheartening yes, but when one door closes, a window opens! I am currently working on the Boat Deck and am almost done. I have only the last 1/3rd of the deck to finish up and I can make the roof and be done!
Happy days!
Clark

J

Jeff Brebner

Has anyone else seen the Lego Titanic at the Vancouver Science Center?

Nick Howes

Aug 13, 2009
I am gearing up to build a museum quality lego titanic, a lifelong dream, to hopefully be completed for the 100th anniversary of the sinking. It will be minifigure scale eg 882 studs long equaling 22'10" at the exact scale 1:38.68 for a minifigure.

I am waiting to acquire the ship magnificent 3rd edition when it comes out, along with the beveridge deck plan, hahn hull plan and art’s rigging plan.

I am building the outer shell only, but in a way faithfull to the original to allow for interiors later. The frame will be technic beams pinned together with rough plates covered in smooth plates to get the exact hull design sweep, sheer and tumblehome as per Ed Diment’s HMS Hood and the Yamato build. It will come apart in 10 inch cross sections for transporting and eventual interior views. I am thinking of building Southampton Ocean Dock terminal too and the tugs to sit on a false sea bolted to the load line of the hull.

There are enough plates and bricks available on bricklink.com to make this a reality at a reasonable price.

Nick Howes

Aug 13, 2009
Hey Jeff,

I've seen Scott Fowler's minifigure representation on the internet at vancouver and also the 1:100 scale beauty lego model at vancouver on flickr. I might have at go at doing this 1:100 myself before attempting the 1:38.68 minifigure scale model as i've been out of the lego business for 9 years!

regards Nick, UK

J

Jeff Brebner

Good luck! I wish I had the patience to do that kind of work!

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Dear Viewers,

Again I am posting, and I know it has been several years since, and I am now a senior in High School. As an update on my model progress, I am done with the Boat Deck, done with the Promenade Deck minus some tweaks, and have already outlined B Deck. While I don't have any pictures now, I will try to get some up in due time.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Til next we post!
Clark

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hey Members,

Its Clark again, if... you haven't read the side name. Hm. I am now out of High School, and am heading to the wide world of Temple University in Philadelphia from Oregon. A big step, but I have high hopes.
In terms of the model, I have gone far enough in its completion to post something worth seeing. So, without further ado, here are the mostly-done Boat Deck through C Deck. It is currently over 31 feet long, over 3 1/2 feet wide, and a little over a foot in height currently.
It still has a million years to go, but its a great improvement from earlier versions. Once I finish what decks there are now, I will begin on D Deck and going down. So far, each deck has all the rooms in them with no exception based on several plans, but C Deck I made with only the back near the library and the forecastle and poop deck areas. But if I were to incorporate rooms, I have to rip apart the sides! Argh!
Have a pleasant rest of your summer everyone!
Clark
frontrightoblique.jpg

boatdeckview.jpg

backrightoblique.jpg

Aug 6, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hey Alex,
I do thank you for your post! It's good to know this posting isn't entirely dead. I am hoping so too, but I found out as I was building that EVERYTHING on B Deck doesn't match up with anything else, and I was mostly done with the walls! So I am waiting for the patience to rip that apart and start anew.
Cheers!

Sep 15, 2010
Elizabethtown, PA
Wow these are all fantastic! I wish I had the ability to do any kind of a model like that! Titanic models (or any other kind of building-type model) must be hard to do because of how exact they have to be. How excellent these are! Also Clark, welcome to Pennsylvania- I am from Elizabethtown (somewhat close to hershey). Amazing Models! Keep working on it! Can't wait to see more!

Sep 15, 2017
I have decided to, at least, design myself a big LEGO model of the Titanic, which would not only be accurate on the outside but on the inside as well. Every single deck and room will be recreated in LEGO to the best of my ability. I just made a Facebook page dedicated to posting my progress. Feel free to check out this link: Lucas' LEGO 3D Titanic Model