Lest We forget Lusitania Henry Sonneborn

Dec 13, 2007
My grandmother, Laura Ryerson, was a Lusitania survivor. We have a medal she received for helping to save people. It it a white cross and is supposedly called Lady of Grace. Internet research reveals no mention of this award and I wondered if anybody has any information that would help. Any help would be much appreciated. You can email me ajbg27@hotmail.com

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks Mike. My father speaks highly of you. I just finished reading his copy of the new Layton book. Do you know of any other Lusitania forums? Regards. Andrew

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hello Andrew,
Yes, your father is a wonderful friend and I always enjoy his letters. I am glad you read Kent's book. Has your father shown you the accounts and pictures I sent him about your grandmother and her friends that were aboard the Lusitania? My friend Paul turned up alot of it. All interesting stuff. Phyllis Ryerse was kind enough to send me a picture of Laura's grave. Well, I think this is the largest forum for Lusitania for messages and articles. Voyage magazine, also runs quite a bit on Lusitania. You can join here www.titanicinternationalsociety.org

Hope to chat soon.
Mike