Lianne Christian

L

Lianne Christian

Hi everyone,
happy.gif
I'm new here. I live in Brisbane, Australia. I've always been a little obsessed with the Titanic, and it's always good to find like-minded people.

R

Richard K. Mason

How are you, Lianne?

Good to have you here on this, The FINEST, Titanic web site anywhere! ANY info you may want will most definetly be found at your search. Australia? Have you ever heard the song, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport"? Or the movie "Breaker Morant"? Both, are engrained in my memories with great satisfaction! I would have posted a "smile" from clipart by my greeting above, but try as I might, I can't get the bloody thing to work! Obviously, I need help! Color me dumb, I suppose! [P.S., Nice photo in your Profile}

Cheerio, and have a great day!
Richard

L

Lianne Christian

Hi Richard,

I'm fine, thanks. How are you?

Have I ever heard the song, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport"? LOL, I think I cut my teeth on that song! The singer, Rolf Harris used to go to the same High school I did (although many many years before me!). There was also Jake the Peg, Two Little Boys etc.... ah those were the days! I remember the movie "Breaker Morant" and the fact that until that movie came out I'd never heard of him. Still, a pretty good film. My favourite was Gallipoli and Picnic at hanging Rock (I used to live near there)

To do a smilie, just type : and then ) and they will make a
happy.gif

Thanks for the lovely welcome
happy.gif

Cheers!
Lianne

R

Richard K. Mason

Lianne;

Now that you mention it, I'd forgotten all about, "Picnic At Hanging Rock". That was one heck of a scary movie! I doubt many in this country have even seen it! And you lived near the place? Yikes! Weren't you the least bit un-easy? I know I would have been! And I remember seeing "Gallipoli" as well. Great movie! {Did Mel have a REAL Aussie accent then, along with "The Road Warrior", or was it American with a healthy dose of dialog coaching?}

Thanks for your reply,
Richard

L

Lianne Christian

Hi Richard,

Yes, PAHR was quite frightening indeed. When we lived near there I was just a kid and didn't really think much about it (I hadn't seen the film then) but my Dad remembers there is a "very weird vibe" about the place and the local Aboriginals have some spooky legends about it I believe.

Re: Mel, he was very Aussie then, I saw him in quite a few things before he became really famous and went back to the US. There was a soap set in WW2 here called "The Sullivans" and he was on that, very young, one of his first few gigs I think. It was only after he went to the US that he regained his American accent. In the US release of Mad Max (1 or 2, can't remember which)his aussie voice was dubbed with an american accent. I wonder whatever happened to the guy who dubbed over Mel Gibson! ROFL! :D

Cheers
Lianne