Library of Congress Blog: Taft/Butt

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
(Sigh). Why must the Library of Congress staffers so enjoy implying inappropriate relationships these days? The lives of these librarian bureaucrats must be abysmally boring. I have read a few articles about Butt, and this is a new take. I understand he was engaged to be married when Titanic sank. Both Taft and Roosevelt were quite impacted by his death. It was a time when manly men could have friendships with other manly men, without raising eyebrows. I find Butt's life story - like Taft's and Roosevelt's - rather fascinating.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 14, 2005
(Sigh). Why must the Library of Congress staffers so enjoy implying inappropriate relationships these days? The lives of these librarian bureaucrats must be abysmally boring. I have read a few articles about Butt, and this is a new take. I understand he was engaged to be married when Titanic sank. Both Taft and Roosevelt were quite impacted by his death. It was a time when manly men could have friendships with other manly men, without raising eyebrows. I find Butt's life story - like Taft's and Roosevelt's - rather fascinating.
More revisionist opinions to fit an agenda.

Reactions: 1 user