Lila Damon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila Damon

Jan 20, 2006
Hi! I'm Lila, and I'm so happy I found this board. It's so nice to know there are so many Titanic "freaks" out there just like me. I hope you all have the patience to listen to my rants, as I usually have a few of them, especially related to Titanic, unfortunately, I can't get anybody to listen. I just recently found out that a co-worker of mine is also as fixated on the Titanic as I am. He has an interesting theory on Captain Smith (although I think he's just insane--my co-worker, not Captain Smith) which I will be more than happy to "regale" everybody with on a different thread. By the way, my interest in the Titanic started long before the movie--I remember when Bob Ballard found her at the bottom of the Atlantic. I was soaking in every moment I could. But you can imagine then how happy I was to hear Jim Cameron was doing a movie about her voyage. Even though I know there is some controversy surrounding the movie, I was a fan of Cameron when the first Terminator came out. I really believe, considering the time and effort he has devoted to Titanic, even after the movie was done and all the awards handed out, that he must have been a passenger. I wonder if anybody else thinks so... anyway, thankyou for letting me on the discussion board. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Apr 29, 2004
Hi Lila! Welcome aboard!

I got 'bitten' by the bug about thirty years ago myself. I remember when the news of Ballard finding Titanic's grave came out, and no one understanding why I was absolutely electrified and wouldn't let anyone talk during the news bulletins. :)

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Lila,

Welcome aboard! You've found the best site for all things Titanic.

I got hooked nineteen years ago, when I was given a book on Titanic and her sister ships. I've been aboard ever since.

See you around the board.

Zachary Lee

Apr 22, 2005
Hey, welcome to the board, Lila! I got into the Titanic when I was in first grade when my mom bought me a Titanic book at the grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.