LIVING descendants of JJ & M Astor

Kas01

May 24, 2018
I'm curious about John Jacob Astor V, son of Madeleine and J.J. Astor. Did he ever give an interview with the press where he mentions the Titanic?

Would have been John Jacob VI, but as far as I know the best you might get would be around the time his mother died. I would look around late March to early/mid April 1940. That might have been the best time for him to talk about it since it would have been really relevant and not too out of left field for him.

Ri Bread

Sep 17, 2020
Hey! Just wanted to drop in and say hi, thought I had a rightful place to be here! Why? Because after years of knowing that my great great great great grandfather died on the RMS Titanic, I just now found out that (coincidently on the same day that I received a list of people who died that we can choose one from to write about in school), I found out that this great great great great grandfather was John Jacob Astor lV, the richest person on the Titanic! I quickly rushed to my computer and checked out that list of people in my online school assignments, and believe or not, there he was right on top of the list. Now I don't have a hard time choosing who to write about! (I knew I recognized that name) Sadly, My great great great grandfather WASN'T John's favorite child who got the bulk of the profits, so my mother's family ISN'T swimming in dollar bills. A shocking discovery and this is what showed up when I did what any logical person in 2020 would do when they're excited, googled "IM RELATED TO JOHN JACOB ASTOR". Yeah, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I did that. Now to tell my teacher on my google meet class and see if she believes me... I'm scared... so nervous... idk why, but I am. Bye, thanks for taking 1 minute out of your day to read, understand, and comprehend this comment.