Living Titanic Survivors

C

Chris Labonde

Hello,

This message is for anyone. As elaborate and detailed as this web site is, I could not find any info on living survivors. If anyone knows how many living survivors there are today, please tell me. Also if anyone has any pictures of these survivors, please include them. I am interseted in finding out who the oldest living survivor of Titanic is. Thanks.

Chris LaBonde

Mar 20, 1997
There are five living survivors at present, the oldest being Winifred Van Tongerloo nee Quick, who is 95. The others are Barbara West, Michel Navratil, Lillian Asplund and Millvina Dean. All of them do have info. on them on the site. Also of note, is that Second Class passenger Kate Phillips who was eloping w/ Mr. William Morley, gave birth to a baby daughter Ellen in 1913 who I believe is still living. Apparantly the timing of the birth backed up Kate Phillips claims that the child was conceived immediately before or during the voyage.

The A&E video series, Titanic, features interviews w/ both Ms. Dean and Mssr. Navratil.

Good luck on finding other info. and pix.
Arthur

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Arthur:

Good old "Voyage" 27 (the all-time reference issue)had an article by Bracken and Findlay with information about Kate Phillip's daughter Ellen Walker. Kate was a trouble woman, but after she died, Ellen started researching her family history and now, quote, simply wants to be recognized as Henry Morley's child and the "youngest survivor of the Titanic", unquote.

According to that same article, Argene Del Carlo was also expecting at the time, and her daughter, Maria Salvata, continues to live in obscurity in a small Italian village.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Arthur:
I posted too early. The same article mentions that Hannah O'Brien was also with child on the Titanic, and that her daughter, Marion, is alive in Connecticut.
Mike

K

Kenedra

I'm doing a report on the survivors of the Titanic. Can you please give more information on how to find out more about the survivors of the Titanic, or put some more information about such people and if they are currently living and if they are deceased what day did they die. Thanks.

M

Mark Bray

Lillian Gertude Asplund is still living in MASS.
Micheal Navatril is still living in France
Winifred Von Tongerloo lives in Michigan
Barbara J. West Dainton lives in France
Mullvina Dean lives in England

There may be few errors on this, if there are will someone who reads this fix them. These are the knwon five living survivors of the Titanic. As far as the survivors deceased they are all of this WONDERFUL website Phillip has created. Hope this helps you in your report!!

Thanks for a great website Phillip!!!!! : )

Mark
[email protected]

M

Margaret Mitchell

I found a site that listed survivors but it has been 2 years since that list was updated. I tried to search on this site for living survivors but wasn't very lucky. Somewhere on the net I found a site that not only listed survivors but it listed the people alive that were in utero on the titanic, but I didn't bookmark it. Learned my lesson. Does anyone have the living survivor info?

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Margaret,
Look under the FAQ on this site and you'll find that information and more.

Regards,
Phil

M

markbray

Well there are five...I will give you the names and you can find their biography here on this site.

Millvina Dean
Michel Navratil
Barbara J. West
Lillian Gertude Asplund
Winifred Vera Quick

F

Filipe Prista Lucas Rodrigues Lopes

Hi there! Does anyone have any news on the living survivors ? Havent heard any news from them in a while, and was just wondering how they are!

Thanks, Filipe

Pedro Soares

Aug 6, 2001
Portugal
Hi, Filipe, I`m sorry I don`t have the answer to that question. However, it`s great to see you again! How are you? I think you`ll be glad to know I joined the Law Faculty of the University of Porto. I`ll send you an E-mail one of these days. Again, good to see you.
Best regards,
Pedro

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Hi Filipe,
I don't know much about Dainton (nobody does--the last I heard anything definite was very early in the year when a BTS member had taken her out to a fine dinner (so apparently she was quite well then)- but right now I think Mrs. Van Tongerloo seems to be in the best shape of the others with no real health problems--and will turn 98 next month. Lillian Asplund has had some serious bouts in the last year and has been hospitalized but I guess is holding her own and is partially cared for by two cousins. Sadly, Millvina is having some of the worst problems and is even finding it difficult to get around her own house. Brian Ticehurst recently visited her and said her good sense of humor is intact but that she is in a great deal of pain resulting from her hip surgery and hardly even able to have visitors. When the Ticehursts visited, she had a hard time even coming out of her bedroom to visit in her living room.

Phil

Heather

Jun 25, 2009
I have always been facinated by the Titanic. I was wondering if there are any survivors still alive today? If there are could you please give me names and as much information as possible?

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
I understand that the four are doing well heather. If you go under the thread "How are the survivors doing" in this section then it will tell you the current health status of all 4.
Adam

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
Also, under the FAQ thread, it will give you the names and dates of the survivors who passed away within the last 10 years.

Best,

Andrew

AL Glover

Apr 15, 2005
Does anyone know as of june 2002, how many survivors are left alive from the Titanic,? where are most survivors living, , (not nec state,they H A V E a right to their privacy but) United States,Belfast,,,England,ect
and HAVE ANY of the survivors seen or invited to see the newest Titanic Movie when it first OPENED,

Apr 23, 2002
Im not so sure that survivors would really wish to see the Titanic movie. Although some might, I think if I had survived such a disaster, I wouldnt want to relive it.

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Al--there are four survivors today--but there were 8 at the time the movie was released. Of those 8, only Eleanor Johnson Shuman saw the Cameron film. Millvina Dean has seen excerpts but the last I knew she had not seen the movie. At first, Winnifred Quick Van Tongerloo wanted to see the movie but when the time came to actually do it, she thought better of the idea and did not go.