Location of the Arctic

Allen R. Hall

Jan 22, 2011
Has anybody looked for/documented the wreck? Given how much wood has survived on the Titanic, I wonder if more might be left than we'd expect.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Has anybody looked for/documented the wreck?<<

Not to my knowladge. Finding Titanic was no small feat and there was better navigational documentation to go on then anybody looking for the Arctic could even dream of. (A lot of it which turned out to be mistaken.)

May 27, 2007
I believe they found a lot of surviving wood on the "Portland" a Paddle Wheeler that was lost in a gale! I could be mistaken though. It's been a couple of years since I saw a show about it on the History Channel!

So it's possible that there is remaining wood from the Arctic at that wreck site! In fact I believe there is a topic this site about somebody finding the Arctic that's only a couple of months old??

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Perhaps you have that confused with the Portland, which at some point I vaguely recall coming up.

The Portland's normal route was fairly well known and the sinking occured reletively close to land if I recall correctly so that made the search a bit easier.