London gathering part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jemma Hyder

Early February, somewhere in the region of central London, possibly with another drunken homage to nelson, anyone welcome...

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Will make sure I bring the Landseer Lion Climbing clothes, Jemma! (All Hail Nelson).

How does mid-late Feb sound? Have an American Titanic bloke coming over who might be interested (of course, we could make it a two-part event!)

J

Jemma Hyder

Anytime Feb sounds good to me, easily accessible for us seasoned Nelson worshippers though, maybe we can ultimately leave it up to those who have further to travel.... What do you reckon Boz?

Mar 28, 2002
Anytime Feb, no problem. A nice sunny weekend would be nice. With 99p bottles of Stella and Becks to follow in that Wetherspoon's just off Trafalgar Square.

Cheers,

Boz

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Which Wetherspoons??? Moon Under Water? Ing is the Wetherspoons officionado...

Big, imp. question: Are they still doing jugs of cocktails?

J

Jemma Hyder

theres a hogshead in Leicester Sq, remember the one where we went to see England v. denmark? they do J20 cocktail jugs...

Mar 28, 2002
The Wetherspoons on the left-hand side as you're walking from Trafalgar Square down towards Whitehall. Not sure what it's called - last saw it when I did a bit of walking round before the June gathering at the Embassy.

I lied when I said ANYTIME in Feb - can't do the weekend of the 22nd - two mates just pestered me into booking us onto a mini-cruise from Newcastle to Gothenburg on the 21st.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Hrm...how could I forget the Hogshead, Jemma? And subsequent cavorting in the Trafalgar Square fountains and up on Nelson's Column with the 3-0 result. Would be interesting to see what the pub's like when it's not filled with cheerfully drunken bigots spilling lager down our backs.

Iain, will take into account your mini-cruise (and tell us how it goes - I've been tempted to book one of those).

J

Jemma Hyder

Hmm. Suspect it eould be quiet and our feet would no longer stick to the floor lol

Mar 28, 2002
Did the first mini-cruise thing in November 1998 and despite having several blazing rows with my brother throughout the entire journey, I loved it. This time round I'm going with two mates (same ones I went to Rome with a couple of weeks back and we got on, always a bonus) and it only costs £74.50 for 3 nights, with a port-hole no less! I would highly recommend it as a cheap and cheerful way of getting off your face for two or three days. Plus, of course, the delights that Gothenburg has to offer. Just don't get lost like my brother did.

Status
Not open for further replies.