Long lost sibling Andrews

Talltog

Jul 29, 2016
My grandfather got a telegram in 1912 saying his brother had died on the Titanic. We have no other family history or names. Could have been a half brother. Grandfather possibly from Holland (Netherlands). I have been trying to find the name of that brother. My grandfather's name was William Andrews. I doubt he was related to The Thomas Andrews from Ireland. Any advice on how to find family history from other passengers?

Hello, In First class there was only Thomas Andrews, but in second class there was Mr Edgar Samuel Andrews and Mr Frank Thomas Andrews. This one was a miner but for the other one they didn't mention which was his work. In the Third Class there was any Andrews. So your ancestor may be Edgar or Frank, this is the two only possibilities. If you want to see it by yourself, here's the link :Titanic Second Class Passengers | Encyclopedia Titanica This is the most complete web site about passengers list. Hope to have help you out! If you find who he was, I would be very curious about it, so if you could drop by and tell us the result of your research, don't hesitate! Good Luck! :)

Talltog

Jul 29, 2016
I will check those names. Thank you. I think my search might be a little more complicated. The brothers might not share the same last name of Andrews.

Hello, I don't know where you are with your researches, but while looking for something, I found out that there was a Charles E Andrews a steward's helper who left the Titanic on the lifeboat number 16. Here's the web site where you could see at the headline "personnel d'avitaillement" you'll find the name of the man there. I know, it's in French, but it's only mean "Deck's staff". Here's the link :Composition du Canot N° 16 du Titanic Starting from there, maybe you could find something. I'm curious : if you find something that could help you, would you let me know, if possible. Good Luck!