Looking for a rare picture of Mr Andrews

Mar 26, 2007
Hi guys, a couple of months ago I stumbled across a site about the Titanic: Made in Belfast festival.

On one particular day you could go on a guided tour of Comber, Thomas Andrews's birthplace. I found a link with pictures taken on that day. I was wondering if someone happens to have a larger version of the image of Andrews that's in the background of the fourth picture on this site

Greets,
Kelly

Mar 26, 2007
Thanks Catie and Kelly - I have seen your picture in An Illustrated history, Catie, I think. And Kelly, that should be the one I'm looking for - if only I knew where in Comber to find that portrait...

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
Perhaps you could attempt to ask whatever association it is that started the whole event there. if you tried contacting them, they could possibly tell you the location of the picture or maybe if you ask nicely they'll take a picture of the picture for you.

---Kelly.

Mar 26, 2007
Ah well, that's a great idea. I might just do that, I'm starting to think that's the only possible solution.

(sorry I'm so late.. haven't been to this site in more than a month! blame it on the DLC's Titanic thread *grin*)

Mar 26, 2007
Dark Lords Council, a message boards for 'fantastic' fandoms, eg Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings... etc.

In the Culture forum we have a little Titanic chat thread...

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
yes, and the latest posts happen to be me talking about how Thomas Andrews likely had to beat the women away with his rolled up blueprints just to prevent them from tearing off his clothing. haha.

but yea.... that's just me.... i post weird stuff, but everyone else posts better stuff that actually relates to the Titanic.

---Kelly.