Looking for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Serena Fehn

Hello
I want to build up a new web site about Thomas Andrews and the Titanic. I´ve read the Andrews biography by Shan F. Bullock, "Titanic-Belfast´s Own" by Stephen Cameron and several other publications concerning this topic.
Now I´m looking for not commonly known info on Thomas Andrews,his family or/and the Titanic´s Belfast connection.
Any help would be great.
Serena

Jan 31, 2001
Hello Serena,

I am very pleased to hear that you are building a new T. Andrews site. He was, by far, my favorite person from the ship. But, I must admit that I'm not an expert on the man. However, I thought you might find it interesting to know that he would often appear at the shipyard where Titanic was under construction at 4:00A.M., all ready to work. Now that's commitment! You might have all ready knew about this.

-Brandon

S

Steve Kiger

In the boarding of Third Class passengers at Southampton, what entrance would likely be used? I'm assuming it would be one of the doors near the stern, but wanted confirmation.

Also, regarding the general separation between male and female passengers in 3rd class, which gender was toward the bow, and which toward the stern?

Any info would be appreciated.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Single men forward and single women and families aft.

I'm only guessing on the entrance. They may have entered both for and aft as there were fore and aft gangway doors on E deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.