Looking for photo of SSSagamore

Ken Berry

Apr 17, 2008
Can anyone help with a photo of the S.S.Sagamore,When she had, had the accomadation added to her for 62, 2nd Class passengers about 1912-1913.My Grandfather was an Engineer on board and was one of the only seven that survived.She was sunk on the 3rd,March 1917.The 7 survivors were rescued by the Blue Funnel Ship "Deucalion"
12th,March 1917,originally 17 had been in the lifeboat.Two other lifeboats were launched with quite a number of the crew but disappeared in a gale during the first night and never seen again.The 7 were landed in Capetown and 5 had their feet amputated immediately due to frostbite and gangrene,but not my Grandfather they thought they had saved his,but when he got home they started to amputate toes and bits of flesh,m Mother could remember him in terrible pain.In 1920 they started to amputate his legs and didn't get it right till 1921 2 inches below his knees.Therewas a big newspaper article about it,It was a South African Newspaper I think.Shot in the dark but were there is life theres Hope.Thank You All Best Regards Ken Berry

[Moderator's Note: This message was originally posted to an existing thread in the "Titanic Photographs" topic. MAB]