Looking for someone in Novia Scotia to look up Articles on Wreck of Atlantic 1873

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Looking for someone in Novia Scotia to look up newspaper Articles on Wreck of Atlantic 1873. i'd do it myself, but i have no time for trips to Novia Scotia or anywhere else in Canada. please email or send me a private message for more details.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Jesse; Have you contacted the main public library in Halifax? They will photocopy the relevant articles for you, 'though I am not sure if they charge a researcher's fee on top of the cost of the copies. You might also try getting the microfilm sent to you via the Interlibrary Loan System, if any of the Halifax papers can be found in an American Library. I have one issue of the New York Times from 1873 dealing with the Atlantic disaster and can say that their coverage seemed quite thorough. Have you read either or both of the books about Atlantic?

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Jim I have read both books on the Atlantic:

The Coal was there for burning
The two atlantics

also helpful were:

Transatlantic
To the bottom of the sea

yes ill try contacting those organizations. if you should know how please let me know. all help will be greatly appreciated.

Dec 6, 2000
Hi Jesse,

I note Jim suggested the Public Library. No contact details for there, but I do have both the postal address and an e-mail address for the Public Archives of Nova Scotia if that would help. - If so please e-mail me privately.