Looking for someone to help me with my titanic questions

Susi

Hello,

I am new to this site and am looking for a person that has lots of profound knowledge about titanics officers', Murdoch, Moody and Lightoller in particular. Of course the internet has already many sources open to gain knowledge, but there are many questions that are left unanswered for me and I have encountered certain limits when it comes to the private lives of the officers. Since I know there are many people on this forum that have contacted the officers families and gained information that are generally unavailable to the basic google search, I have strong hope someone would like to help me out with my questions.

If there is anyone willing to contact me in private and read my questions, I would be very grateful

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: 1 users

Seumas

Head over to Dan Parkes website and send him an e-mail. He is the top expert when it comes to the lives of Murdoch and Wilde.

I don't know if Inger Shiel's e-mail is listed anywhere but if you can find a way to contact her then you are in good hands. She is the number one expert on the lives of Lowe and Moody.

Try not to get your hopes up about contacting any Titanic officers modern day relatives. Most of them strongly value their privacy and some of them (particularly Murdoch's) do understandably get rather fed up with questions about the Titanic.

Reactions: 2 users

Susi

Head over to Dan Parkes website and send him an e-mail. He is the top expert when it comes to the lives of Murdoch and Wilde.

I don't know if Inger Shiel's e-mail is listed anywhere but if you can find a way to contact her then you are in good hands. She is the number one expert on the lives of Lowe and Moody.

Try not to get your hopes up about contacting any Titanic officers modern day relatives. Most of them strongly value their privacy and some of them (particularly Murdoch's) do understandably get rather fed up with questions about the Titanic.
Thank you very much for the response. I recently joined the Titanica Facebook group but have been too shy to contact one of its members directly. If Dan Parkes allows for messages to be sent to him, I will contact him trying not too appear obtrusive. I already contacted Inger Sheil a few weeks ago, she even responded to me which I was really grateful for, but sadly maintaining contact was hard and I did not want to spam her further when I saw that her responses did not follow anymore (which I dont blame her for) :)

I did not plan to contact any Titanic officers modern day relatives, but maybe to get information from those that maybe are or were in touch with them. Well, I am just very curious and restless, but most users probably feel like that

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Seumas

Dan Parkes is a good bloke and he should be able to help you out. His knowledge about Murdoch is immense.

As I understand it Murdoch's modern day relatives found the aftermath of the 97' film to be particularly bruising and are now very wary of people contacting them. For example they had idiots asking them if they were "hiding anything" regarding the manner of Murdoch's death and stuff like that. It was all very insensitive.

I know that in the past Inger Shiel has said she sometimes gets overwhelmed with requests for research help and often has to say "no" to a lot of people.

She has written a great biography of Lowe that is still in print and which I would recommend.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

I am new to this site and am looking for a person that has lots of profound knowledge about titanics officers', Murdoch, Moody and Lightoller in particular. Of course the internet has already many sources open to gain knowledge, but there are many questions that are left unanswered for me and I have encountered certain limits when it comes to the private lives of the officers. Since I know there are many people on this forum that have contacted the officers families and gained information that are generally unavailable to the basic google search, I have strong hope someone would like to help me out with my questions.

If there is anyone willing to contact me in private and read my questions, I would be very grateful

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I can help you with questions if you need me to even though I don't know every thing on the subject I would still like to help.

Susi

Hello, I can help you with questions if you need me to even though I don't know every thing on the subject I would still like to help.
Hello,
thank you very much, I might eventually ask you a few questions if you don't mind! Maybe I'll send you a pn if there is need:) Thank you in advance.

Dan Coghlan

Titanic Historian - 9 Years
Hi,

My personal focus point of my Titanic research is the Officers, so feel free to ask me anything as well.

DC