Lookout in the Crow's Nest

Nov 14, 2005
So why was the US Space Force started? Could it be because there are outer space aliens running around Washington? :eek:
I think the latest far out conspiracy thing is lizard people (reptilians) or something. But seriously space will the first place that a lot of the action will take place if the world is dumb enough to get into another world war. Personally I think its a mistake for how much the military relies on all the space gadgets. I hope they still know how to use their sextants and compasses.

Nov 14, 2005
These were not crow's nests, Stephen, they were "fighting tops" used by crossbow men and musket men,
Yes I have recently read more on that. You are right on that. Fighting tops for the marines and sailors to snipe the opposing crews. Sailing ships can get really confusing (at least for me). I watched a documentary the other night about frigates. It was confusing in the least. One ship looked likes a galleon to me and another looked like a schooner but they called them frigates. It was like there was no set standard to be classified as a frigate.

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
NewtonMearns, Glasgow, Scotland.
There you go, Stephen
sailing vessels 2020-10-19 001.jpg

Reactions: 1 user