Loss of M2 submarine in English Channel

Mar 28, 2002
From the 6th September edition of the Express and Star:

A team led by a Wolverhampton diver has laid the city's coat of arms on the wreck of a submarine 100 feet beneath the English Channel.
"The weather was perfect and everything went well" Mike Williams, a senior law lecturer, said after the dive last night. "We laid the plaque in place and also fixed a flag below the water. Everything went according to plan."
It was the fourth time lucky for the 55-year old who had made three earlier attempts to dive on the wreck of the submarine M2 which sank with all 60 hands 75 years ago.
The plaque, provided by the Express and Star, carries the motto: "Out of Darkness Cometh Light" and commemorates a sailor from Wolverhampton, 28-year old William Peplow of Napier Road, who perished in the tragedy, and Wolverhampton's legendary salvage expert Ernest Cox, who made an unsuccessful attempt to raise the 2,000-ton sub in December 1932.
The massive submarine, as long as a football pitch and designed to fly a seaplane, went down in Lyme Bay, Devon, on 26th January 1932.
The accident was believed to be due to water entering the submarine through the hangar.

Mar 28, 2002
Sorry I haven't responded before. I only have internet access at work these days, having been cut off at home! So no weekend browsing for me anymore. Thanks for posting the link, Paul.

Cheers,

Boz