Louise Kink Pope

Apr 11, 2001
Have finally figured out how to create a page, more photos will appear as soon as I figure out the scanner. Have still not figured out the image formatting on the board but this hopefully will give you a preview of coming attractions! Louise was a remarkable lady- always ready for an adventure, and so full of life. These photos are from the TI New Rochelle Convention in 1990- the Morro Castle and Andrea Doria survivors were at Ellis also. The day was sweltering.. Louise was a trouper! She brought the Titanic blanket she was wrapped up in leaving the ship.
http://www.geocities.com/revdma2/Louise.html
Hope this works- more to come.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well I'll take notice. I kind of like her stance on salvage, especially the "Don't ever sell 'em." part. Perhaps somebody should e-mail that page to Arnie Geller as RMSTI.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Apr 16, 2001
Kudos, Shell.

Nice job - Lou Pope was such a treasure. She truly loved life and I think of her especially during this time of year. Spring was her favorite season....she could get out and start working in her garden.....

Thanks for putting this site together....

Apr 11, 2001
Five months before she died, Louise was invited to Redfern, N.J to be guest of honor at a Titanic play in the restored theatre there. She really loved to travel- would fly anywhere at the drop of a hat. She stayed so active up until the very end. Al Kenyon, her faithful travel buddy always went with her.There are several in this series- all black and white for the newspaper -she was greeted with great fanfare at the airport!article.
10313.jpg
10314.jpg